By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Calling it now: Mario Kart 8 will flop! Vita will rise!

Tagged games:

Mario Kart 8 will flop, Vita will rise!

Yup, MK8 will flop hard! 71 16.44%

You wish Anfebious! 361 83.56%

Total:432
tbone51 said:
Anfebious said:
tbone51 said:
Anfebious said:
leyendax69 said:

150k global? are you serious? It's gonna sell way more than that just in Japan. If you want to troll, do it better.

I am willing to make a bet.

i'll take that bet! 150k is too easy WW. You might really want to rethink that

I don't want to contribute with your addiction to betting but I'll take it. I say Mario Kart 8 will open with less than 150k FW. I bet a sginature for umm... 2 weeks?

FW (Worldwide), since i feel bad i'll make it 200k FW okay? Do you accept? 

I do! I totally accept.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:

I know, I was being sarcastic. 

Damn it. My stupid sarcasm sensor seems to be broken today.

Anfebious said:
tbone51 said:
Anfebious said:
tbone51 said:
Anfebious said:
leyendax69 said:

150k global? are you serious? It's gonna sell way more than that just in Japan. If you want to troll, do it better.

I am willing to make a bet.

i'll take that bet! 150k is too easy WW. You might really want to rethink that

I don't want to contribute with your addiction to betting but I'll take it. I say Mario Kart 8 will open with less than 150k FW. I bet a sginature for umm... 2 weeks?

I do! I totally accept.

okay! No cheating :p

Im going to say good luck cuz your going to really need it 

i can see MK not selling well and not boosting HW to the level most believe

but no to Vita comeback

Play Me

I too think that MK8 will be a huge flop. MK Wii's success was based directly on the wii's success.

MK8's flop will also be based on the Wii U's flop.

As for the Vita comeback.. hahaha!! Sorry, didn't mean to laugh.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Zero999 said:

I can't believe you are comparing sony and MS first party's with nintendo's. and no, xone/ps4 exclusives aren't selling better.

also, corrected for you: Nintendo first party support and some third party games.

Why not?

Dead Rising and Forza are already at 1m on XB1 and Killzone flew past 1m on PS4. Nintendo first party clearly isn't selling many WiiU's, so the comparison is entirely fair.

Why you can't compare? quality, quantity and sales. the way you talked, it was as if sony and MS first party offerings equalized nintendo's, something they don't get close to doing even when combined.

Anfebious said:
daredevil.shark said:
Mariokart 8 might under perform by a huge margin.

It will and by a huge margin, specially if you compare it to Mario Kart Wii.

If you were going to compare it's sales to a Mario Kart game i'd think you'd compare it to Mario Kart Double Dash.

Anfebious said:
tbone51 said:
Anfebious said:

I do! I totally accept.

mind if join the bet? I'm betting against you, obviously. more than 200k FW worldwide.

I think the Vita will rise a lot, but NO IT WILL NOT PASS THE 3DS!!!

I agree the Vita is picking up momentum and things are looking up. Wont be going gangbusters but wont be going bust either.

I disagree on Mario Kart 8. I think similar to Vita, it wont be going gangbusters, but it wont be a bust either. Now what is or isn't a bust is defined by Nintendo being happy per their projections/expectations and not on how a previous game in the series has sold before.

I mean Super Mario Bros on NES sold over 30 million copies (probably more). They don't hold that expectation for Super Mario 3D World. The same will be true for Mario Kart 8. I think it will be one of the multi-million sellers on Wii U even with the tiny install base.