By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Calling it now: Mario Kart 8 will flop! Vita will rise!

Tagged games:

Mario Kart 8 will flop, Vita will rise!

Yup, MK8 will flop hard! 71 16.44%

You wish Anfebious! 361 83.56%

Total:432

I'm sure it will be proclaimed a flop by some on this site when it fails to reach the heights of Mario Kart Wii. For me it needs to sell at least as good as 3D World(also proclaimed a flop shortly after it's release) but Kart also really needs to shift some consoles. What reasonable expectations are in that regard is hard to say.

Around the Network

What do you consider a flop to be for Mario kart? I have to disagree, i think MArio KArt will have a positive impact on the Wii U. It will boost sales for at least 10k and it will go on to selling at least 3 millions lifetime.

If thats a flop then alright i can see it happening. First week numbers mean nothing for Nintendo software. They keep on selling for years. This is not your average hype shooter were talking about.

As for the Vita... i hope you are right.

I am cautiously optimistic in terms of E3 for the Vita. It could pick up, but I don't see it ever outselling the 3DS.

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

GdaTyler said:
I am cautiously optimistic in terms of E3 for the Vita. It could pick up, but I don't see it ever outselling the 3DS.

Can vita sell 40mil in today's market?

TruckOSaurus said:
It will flop in the same way Gran Turismo 6 flopped i.e. sell way less than its predecessor while still selling multiple million copies.

what did GT6 sales ? casue vgc hasent a freaking clue. 

Around the Network
BeElite said:
TruckOSaurus said:
It will flop in the same way Gran Turismo 6 flopped i.e. sell way less than its predecessor while still selling multiple million copies.

It's at just under 2 mil sales on VGC. I haven't heard from other sources.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
BeElite said:
TruckOSaurus said:

It's at just under 2 mil sales on VGC. I haven't heard from other sources.

Iv seen them adjust way to many times to take seriously, plus historically they cant track Gt worth a damn. 

Kart might be far more screwd then that.

This thread was obviously written by a butthurt pony who's still upset about Killzone: Shadow Fall and Knack being garbage 1st party PS4 launch games and selling poorly as they rightfully deserve to. Mario Kart 8 won't probably have the same sales numbers as it's predecessor Mario Kart Wii did but it will certainly outsell any PS4 1st party game in this generation same goes for Smash Bros. You can stay in denial all you want but you ponies wish Sony had the same level of quality in their 1st party games as Nintendo does

~ Mod Edit ~

This user was moderated by TruckOSaurus for this post.

^well, sure man, if it makes you feel better

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

1st off, Vita is never rebounding. As PS4 grows, Vita will continue to stagnate and die off. (Unless it has massive price drop and crazy jump in game support)

I'd like to see what your version of flop is for MK8. Wii U is not selling in a stellar manner. That in itself will narrow the potential sales of MK8. It will sell for a long time and to a very high % of overall Wii U owners. But it won't reach MKWii levels by a large margin solely because of the different user base sizes. So you can't look just at raw sales figures to see if it is a flop or not.