By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Calling it now: Mario Kart 8 will flop! Vita will rise!

Tagged games:

Mario Kart 8 will flop, Vita will rise!

Yup, MK8 will flop hard! 71 16.44%

You wish Anfebious! 361 83.56%

Total:432
t3mporary_126 said:
Zelhawks37 said:
I can't take this thread seriously, sorry.

OT: If I did though, I would say both of your predictions will be wrong. What makes you say the Vita will be resurrected? What game could possibly make it better? At this point, it would need something that made the PSP and PS2 successful, and that was the ability to hack it. :)

Mario Kart will do moderately well, but not as well as Wii, even if it looks to be the better game (I didn't like Wii much.)

Mario Kart Wii's functional online (looking at you Brawl) made it the best home console Mario Kart game for me and I also enjoyed using motor bikes and performing speed boosting tricks.

But the graphics, details, graphics, anti-gravity, and graphics (did i mention graphics?) in Mario Kart 8's trailer are phenomonal and definitely makes Mario Kart 8 look like the best one in series already.

I liked 64's course selection and Double Dash's gameplay better, but Wii did have excellent online.... Mario Kart 8 looks to have all three (hopefully), and Larry koopa..... :)

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Around the Network

Kind of a safe bet, but ok..

99% of all developers want to have game "flops" that sells millions upon millions of copies

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Naum said:
99% of all developers want to have game "flops" that sells millions upon millions of copies

I doubt Nintendo would pull a SE.

It will flop in the same way Gran Turismo 6 flopped i.e. sell way less than its predecessor while still selling multiple million copies.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

lol

Most of Mariokart's success will be shifting wii u consoles when its bundled with the wii u for christmas. I couldn't give a shiite about donkey kong or smash brothers but Mariokart is a must have. It looks beautiful and fantastically playable. Being launched in May is absolute rubbish. So even if the game has a poor launch it may still go on to do some fantastic business later on.

Nintendo must realise now that this generation consumers aren't interested in their underpowered but hugely overpriced console so its all down to price and value to push sales. A lower console price with more software bundled in is the answer.

I'll be very surprised if Nintendo don't get to 10 million wii u consoles sold by the beginning of 2015.

It would be utter madness for Nintendo not to market the wii u using mariokart at christmas time and offer a reduced selling price with more bundled games.

DarkNight_DS said:
The bigger issue for anyone looking to buy a Wii U is not knowing what comes after Mario Kart and Smash Bros....

Bayonetta 2, Sonic Boom, Zelda U. Just throwing a few ideas out there :)

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

MK8 will do fine. It will surely open 150k+ first week globally.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Anfebious said:

It's time someone made this thread. I am calling it now before MK 8 releases!

I think we can conclude with recent sales that Nintendo franchises have lost the power they used to have. 3D and 2D Mario aren't selling like before and even Donkey was hit by it. Even Pokemon is down from previous games... Nintendo as a whole is losing money, things sure look pretty bad for them! So before we get our hopes up for nothing I'll crush your expectations.

Mario Kart 8 will have a terrible first week. Don't be surprised if it hits less than 150k globally on it's first week in the market. I also expect it to give no boost to the Wii U at all. Well maybe a very small boost, like 3k or something like that.

Now what about the Vita? I am calling it too. The Vita is currently experiencing solid numbers in Japan, barely droping week on week! Europe is showing promising numbers too. The only place where the Vita need to stablish a footing is on the US, and I expect Sony this year to finally breath life on the struggling console. I expect them to announce a big IP for the Vita in E3 followed by a Vita price cut. I expect the system to rebound this year. If everything goes well the Vita will have a really good 2015. As the Vita grows, the 3DS will be on decline so I expect the Vita to start shrinking the gap with the 3DS.

Also as the Vita is a very modern piece of technology I expect it to be supported for a long time so I think the Vita has a good chance of outselling the 3DS in the end. Yes the Vita will rise!

Oh I was going to add Super Smash Bros in the OP but I think I dragged for too long. But if I had to guess that game will flop too.

History has proven that kart sells like crazy and that sony heldhelds always lose to Nintendo handhelds.

close thread plz