By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Calling it now: Mario Kart 8 will flop! Vita will rise!

Tagged games:

Mario Kart 8 will flop, Vita will rise!

Yup, MK8 will flop hard! 71 16.44%

You wish Anfebious! 361 83.56%

Total:432
Seece said:
Zero999 said:

Acording to a survey, one third of the developers doing something for Xone.

And just like you can say "they don't have to, other games will come", the same can be said for nintendo games. we know they will keep coming alongside other third party games.

All big third parties will release on XB1, same can't be said for WiiU. FACT. :)

as of now, Nintendo GAMES and at least some important third parties will release on Wii U, same can't be said about Xone/Ps4. FACT :)

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
daredevil.shark said:
Mariokart 8 might under perform by a huge margin.

It will and by a huge margin, specially if you compare it to Mario Kart Wii.

no offense but 99.99999999% of all games will underperform if you compare it to MKWii (only like 2 games beat it and a third which is GTA5)

Zero999 said:
Seece said:
Zero999 said:

Acording to a survey, one third of the developers doing something for Xone.

And just like you can say "they don't have to, other games will come", the same can be said for nintendo games. we know they will keep coming alongside other third party games.

All big third parties will release on XB1, same can't be said for WiiU. FACT. :)

as of now, Nintendo GAMES and at least some important third parties will release on Wii U, same can't be said about Xone/Ps4. FACT :)

XB1/PS4 exclusives are selling better tho?

WiiU is getting very few third party games.

XB1 = Full Third party support and first party

PS4 = Same

WiiU = Nintendo first party support and very few third party games.

I just hope the Nintendo doesn't get too discouraged about Mario Kart's sales this gen and stupidly put less effort for its sequel next gen because it didn't push a lot of Wii U units.

I fear they might, though.

Seece said:
Zero999 said:
Seece said:

PS4 = Same

WiiU = Nintendo first party support and very few third party games.

I can't believe you are comparing sony and MS first party's with nintendo's. and no, xone/ps4 exclusives aren't selling better.

also, corrected for you: Nintendo first party support and some third party games.

Around the Network

I can't take this thread seriously, sorry.

OT: If I did though, I would say both of your predictions will be wrong. What makes you say the Vita will be resurrected? What game could possibly make it better? At this point, it would need something that made the PSP and PS2 successful, and that was the ability to hack it. :)

Mario Kart will do moderately well, but not as well as Wii, even if it looks to be the better game (I didn't like Wii much.)

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Zero999 said:
Seece said:
Zero999 said:
Seece said:

PS4 = Same

WiiU = Nintendo first party support and very few third party games.

I can't believe you are comparing sony and MS first party's with nintendo's. and no, xone/ps4 exclusives aren't selling better.

also, corrected for you: Nintendo first party support and some third party games.

Why not?

Dead Rising and Forza are already at 1m on XB1 and Killzone flew past 1m on PS4. Nintendo first party clearly isn't selling many WiiU's, so the comparison is entirely fair.

Zelhawks37 said:
I can't take this thread seriously, sorry.

OT: If I did though, I would say both of your predictions will be wrong. What makes you say the Vita will be resurrected? What game could possibly make it better? At this point, it would need something that made the PSP and PS2 successful, and that was the ability to hack it. :)

Mario Kart will do moderately well, but not as well as Wii, even if it looks to be the better game (I didn't like Wii much.)

Mario Kart Wii's functional online (looking at you Brawl) made it the best home console Mario Kart game for me and I also enjoyed using motor bikes and performing speed boosting tricks.

But the graphics, details, graphics, anti-gravity, and graphics (did i mention graphics?) in Mario Kart 8's trailer are phenomonal and definitely makes Mario Kart 8 look like the best one in series already.

I think have to define flop here for Mario Kart. The game has a 99.9% chance of turning a profit for Nintendo so hard to use that metric. Perhaps you mean based on Nintendo's sales projections which I'd have to know first before commenting. If you mean historically within the series then think have to look across relative installed bases of systems to judge that.

Overall, I think it will sell fine and have legs for years and make Nintendo millions and millions of dollars.

Everybody was calling 3D world a flop...over 2 million units later and still selling. Mario Kart will do ok and give Wii U an ok bump, nothing spectacular but ok. I still think Wii U will have a great holiday boost this year too.