By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Sony Trying Hard To Get Titanfall on PS4/PS3, Microsoft Going For Deal Similar To CoD Series"

Yay! Another generic franchise will go multiplatform, so it can make more moneyzzz!

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Early viewpoints from playing the game:

Well documented problem of AI with the bots. Besides being dumb I feel its pretty tough to distinguish from a distance between the bot types and even between bots and players at times. Personally I would prefer no bots and higher player counts, but as thats not likely they need a good boost in smarts. As of now they really drag the gameplay down, and make it look/feel repetitive and boring at times. You can literally run into a room of 5-6 of them and go one-by-one melee (they die in one melee strike) and suffer very little damage in the process.

Graphics: Good, but nothing amazing or overly impressive. I expected a little better I suppose. Some cool animations, and some under executed ones. The one that still drives me crazy in many games is the being shot from the back and die backwards or vice-versa occurs a little too much here. Was also hoping for a little bit of destructible environment, but so far I have not seen any.

Frame-rate: Only a few minor hiccups which is typical of a beta. Noticeable when it happens, but I've seen worse in betas. Hopefully clean by final build.

Recoil: Virtually little to no recoil on the guns. Everyone has their own opinion on this, for me personally its a pretty big buzzkill. Kinda cheapens the combat for me and makes it too easy.

Weapon balance: No major complaints. The usual shotgun in close prox. is strong, but as expected (people will still complain). The smart pistol I cannot decide if I like or hate it. Its overly strong, but the balance is you are pretty weak and will lose most head-on 1v1 with it. But the already easy bots are even dumber with this, and there are times where it takes no skill to kill another player with it.

Invisibility suit: Besides the bots probably my second biggest complaint of the game. Me personally I hate them in FPS games, and from my experience so far it is no exception now. Its just leads to bad gameplay in my opinion. With invis, the AI bots, and no recoil I see the pro crowd not gravitating towards this game as they may view it as more of an arcade style game and not a professional style.

Titan balance: Did not seem too strong to me. Possible perks up the lvls may improve on this, and there are other titan classes not played. But so far they seem almost too easy to be killed in. Would have liked to see more options such as a mech support or whatnot to add more strategies.

Overall: Good game, nothing great so far. No doubt provides some fun and cool moments. In my opinion there are some major design aspects the devs took that I personally think are missteps, but are unlikely to change. Game I feel I would probably purchase, maybe not day 1, to kill some hours here and there for some fun. I do not envision myself being highly involved or doing long playtimes as the gameplay gets stale after a few hours to me. I know they wanted to focus on multiplayer to make it shine, but the lack of story is another downfall to me personally. Hopefully they have stuff in the final build or from web sources to try and fill that in, but it really leaves you sorta disconnected from the action and not understanding why this is what it is.

I'd say like a 7.5 / 10 for the beta thus far. I will see how the final build shakes out.

Aerys said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
Stop posting crap from thuway, Titanfall 1 exclusivity is locked forever, its not gonna come out 5 years later on the PS4, not worth it. That said, its obvious Sony is trying to get TF2 on PS4

I'm still trying to work out how a med student is an "industry insider"

Smells like Walter Mitty to me... attention seeker.

No need to work in the industry to be an insider ( i dont think FamousMOrtimer works in the industry), you just need to have a good friend working at MS/Sony/...

and Walter Mitty is a good movie.

A much better short story.

BeatdownBrigade said:
Early viewpoints from playing the game:

Well documented problem of AI with the bots. Besides being dumb I feel its pretty tough to distinguish from a distance between the bot types and even between bots and players at times. Personally I would prefer no bots and higher player counts, but as thats not likely they need a good boost in smarts. As of now they really drag the gameplay down, and make it look/feel repetitive and boring at times. You can literally run into a room of 5-6 of them and go one-by-one melee (they die in one melee strike) and suffer very little damage in the process.

Graphics: Good, but nothing amazing or overly impressive. I expected a little better I suppose. Some cool animations, and some under executed ones. The one that still drives me crazy in many games is the being shot from the back and die backwards or vice-versa occurs a little too much here. Was also hoping for a little bit of destructible environment, but so far I have not seen any.

Frame-rate: Only a few minor hiccups which is typical of a beta. Noticeable when it happens, but I've seen worse in betas. Hopefully clean by final build.

Recoil: Virtually little to no recoil on the guns. Everyone has their own opinion on this, for me personally its a pretty big buzzkill. Kinda cheapens the combat for me and makes it too easy.

Weapon balance: No major complaints. The usual shotgun in close prox. is strong, but as expected (people will still complain). The smart pistol I cannot decide if I like or hate it. Its overly strong, but the balance is you are pretty weak and will lose most head-on 1v1 with it. But the already easy bots are even dumber with this, and there are times where it takes no skill to kill another player with it.

Invisibility suit: Besides the bots probably my second biggest complaint of the game. Me personally I hate them in FPS games, and from my experience so far it is no exception now. Its just leads to bad gameplay in my opinion. With invis, the AI bots, and no recoil I see the pro crowd not gravitating towards this game as they may view it as more of an arcade style game and not a professional style.

Titan balance: Did not seem too strong to me. Possible perks up the lvls may improve on this, and there are other titan classes not played. But so far they seem almost too easy to be killed in. Would have liked to see more options such as a mech support or whatnot to add more strategies.

Overall: Good game, nothing great so far. No doubt provides some fun and cool moments. In my opinion there are some major design aspects the devs took that I personally think are missteps, but are unlikely to change. Game I feel I would probably purchase, maybe not day 1, to kill some hours here and there for some fun. I do not envision myself being highly involved or doing long playtimes as the gameplay gets stale after a few hours to me. I know they wanted to focus on multiplayer to make it shine, but the lack of story is another downfall to me personally. Hopefully they have stuff in the final build or from web sources to try and fill that in, but it really leaves you sorta disconnected from the action and not understanding why this is what it is.

I'd say like a 7.5 / 10 for the beta thus far. I will see how the final build shakes out.

Not a bad review.  I played the beta on PC.  I have not played around with the visuals much yet, but some textures are absolutely horrible.  Im mostly referring to the drop ship at the beginning of the game.  The interior of that thing looks like its from PS1/Xbox era.  Also when you jump into a mech, the interior of that thing is hideous.  Normal game play wise, it looks very similar to the COD series.

Playing @ 1080P on my machine works well.  Low requirements for a 2014 title.  I really dont have anything close to a "only in Battlefield" moment.  They clearly spent a lot of time balancing the pilot vs mech dynamic.  Nothing seems totally OP as of now.  its cool, and Ill surely play a few more hours, but I do wonder how long you'd really stay engaged w/o some unique game modes that really show the balance of a good pilot on foot and a good pilot in a mech.

Mmmfishtacos said:
Its going to happen.

The next #PS4noDRM for a FPS ? nop

Around the Network

Lol no port begging is dumb.

I think Destiny ends up being the much bigger game anyway.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Its EA, of course its going multiplatform. MS will just have timed DLC.

pezus said:
I think Titanfall will come to PS4. MS probably signed a one-year exclusivity deal. EA would be mad to sell an "exclusive forever" deal. Still, even if they did that, EA can just do what they did with ME.

What would be the point? It's not like it's going to have a deep, unmissable multiple game-spanning intricate story line. These are the guys that made CoD after all.

Because of the shite install base of the Xb one (and Titainfall isn't going to do much to help there, maybe a little) EA might end up begging Sony to take it.

Yeah and Destiny is all the 3rd party cross gen FPS that PS4 needs. I think that'll be a better and bigger franchise than TF.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Good thing i quit being a Xbox fanboy because if i was I'll destory any Ps fanboy in a never ending argument where i will be right all the time :) peace and love my fellow gamers