By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Sony Trying Hard To Get Titanfall on PS4/PS3, Microsoft Going For Deal Similar To CoD Series"

Isn't this game the one with dumb AI, giant robots that are nothing more than vehicles (like in every fps), a blatant COD copy by the same devs and all that in pitiful 792p? Lol why does Sony care for this franchise clearly they're not listening to their fans.

Joke aside, this bodes well for Titanfall because if both are trying to secure the game on their platform it means it's the next big thing. Gamers will win in the long run.

Around the Network
Aerys said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
Stop posting crap from thuway, Titanfall 1 exclusivity is locked forever, its not gonna come out 5 years later on the PS4, not worth it. That said, its obvious Sony is trying to get TF2 on PS4

I'm still trying to work out how a med student is an "industry insider"

Smells like Walter Mitty to me... attention seeker.

No need to work in the industry to be an insider ( i dont think FamousMOrtimer works in the industry), you just need to have a good friend working at MS/Sony/...

and Walter Mitty is a good movie.

He find out and befriended some gaf members who are in the industry, he gets their info through pm's and skype chats(I know that he has a contact from EA and one from Sony's 1st party studios(california based) ), what an "insider". He was wrong on multiple occassions, the last notable being Persona 5 announcement on PS4 for which he was banned for and got his "speaks the truth" tag taken away. Most of what this guy says needs not to be taken seriously, 1/3 may be actual insider info, 1/3 hopes and dreams ie. P5 PS4, 1/3 opinions like on this headline. If Sony is trying hard to get Titanfall, why would a petition and making your voice heard to Sony matter? It's not like they're gonna shove a couple extra millions in EA's face just because of some people on the internet, money they could easily put into their own studios.

pezus said:
I think Titanfall will come to PS4. MS probably signed a one-year exclusivity deal. EA would be mad to sell an "exclusive forever" deal. Still, even if they did that, EA can just do what they did with ME.

There is probably zero chance for Titanfall 1.  I really cannot see MS letting a loophole where Respawn could do something like Titanfall XD and bring that out to the PS4.  If anything, Sony will need to wait for Titanfall 2 which would be around 2 to year years from release.

fatslob-:O said:
Does Sony even have enough money to do paid exclusivity ?

They have started restructuring to make the desired ends meet. The PC unit "VAIO" is going to bear the biggest brunt with job cuts followed by TV, but should help narrow down the losses forecast for the fiscal year. 

Well, the gaming division has aced their March forecast with excess of 5 million PS4s already being sold and thus resulting in a net profit of 27 billion yen. 

So the money though available isn't worth the investment. I guess it's best if left alone.

PS: I do believe there's atleast a chance for the timed exclusivity on Xbox.

Turkish said:
Stop posting crap from thuway, Titanfall 1 exclusivity is locked forever, its not gonna come out 5 years later on the PS4, not worth it. That said, its obvious Sony is trying to get TF2 on PS4

Sony needs Titanfall 2 because they've got no shooter equivalent and they will lose gamers to MS if exclusivity continues throughout the franchise if the COD gamers find out about it.

Around the Network
Jazz2K said:

Joke aside, this bodes well for Titanfall because if both are trying to secure the game on their platform it means it's the next big thing. Gamers will win in the long run.

CoD fans, that's about it.  Everyone else will complain about how there are 90 d fferent Titanfall ripoffs.

Fans will win in the long run if there were other games that got popular than FPS games.  Then maybe this gen would have a lot more variety than last gen had.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Turkish said:

Sony needs Titanfall 2 because they've got no shooter equivalent and they will lose gamers to MS if exclusivity continues throughout the franchise if the COD gamers find out about it.

You know COD is still coming to PS4 right? Along with Battlefield, Destiny, Borderlands, and pretty much every other major fps franchsie. They're fine with shooters. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Turkish said:

You know COD is still coming to PS4 right? Along with Battlefield, Destiny, Borderlands, and pretty much every other major fps franchsie. They're fine with shooters. 

What does that have to do with my point?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Fusioncode said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Turkish said:

What does that have to do with my point?

Your "point" was that the PS4 would lose COD gamers due to not having a shooter equivalent. Even though they have COD and plenty of other shooter franchises. Why would they lose COD gamers when they have the better version of COD and the cheaper console? 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

kupomogli said:
Jazz2K said:

CoD fans, that's about it.  Everyone else will complain about how there are 90 d fferent Titanfall ripoffs.

Fans will win in the long run if there were other games that got popular than FPS games.  Then maybe this gen would have a lot more variety than last gen had.

There's a lot of variety already but people don't want them. Gamers keep on wanting more kinds of gameplay but when they get what they ask for all they can do is moan it's not like the big players whether it's Assassin's Creed or COD...

The industry needs these blockbusters to attrack more people and then make more games since more people buy the platforms and the games... in the end gamers win.