By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Sony Trying Hard To Get Titanfall on PS4/PS3, Microsoft Going For Deal Similar To CoD Series"

Well this will definitely change the fanboy take on the game. No more downplaying and it'll be obvious. So transparent ...

Around the Network

EA is in a very good position here if true.  They hold all of the cards.

Predicting that Second Son (PS4) will outsell Titanfall (XOne) in lifetime sales.  Click here for sales comparison thread.

But I thought PlayStation gamers don't care about TitanFall?

I hope it's true, can't wait to see the opinion shift lol

bigjon said:
EA might be rethinking their strategy with this game. Cant imagine that seeing the PS4 double XB1 is NA in Jan has not made them consider whether or not all the lost sales is worth it. I cant imagine MS is paying them that much its probably more like waved royalty fees and other partnership benefit. If MS had payed them more or helped in development (financially) this would be a 2nd party game, as it stand now it is a 3rd party exclusive.

Also I don't think Sony fans really want the game that bad. They just know is XB1 is not doing well (compared to PS4) and losing this would be a kick in the nuts.

guilty as charged.  xD

how's the wife's sis' doing?

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
The game is absolutely incredible and the more people who can play it the mo betta.

That said.. uh, wtf? MS and EA have a deal in place. That deal is either for the entirety of Titanfall's existence (which is what all 3 parties EA, MS, and Respawn have said), or it could be timed exclusive (which is more likely). If it's a timed exclusive, there's nothing Sony can "try hard" with to get the game coming any sooner. It will be there whenever the exclusive deal is up. Sony can't give EA 50 million bucks to make it come 3 months sooner, because then MS would go after EA.

If it's a complete exclusive, then Sony is still wasting their time. With Mass Effect, we don't know if EA and MS came to an agreement that allowed them to put Mass Effect on PS3, or if there was a long time clause in the contract that passed. Either way, there's no way MS allows EA to put Titanfall on the PS platforms unless they really make it worth their while. And if it's some time clause thing, by the time that passes, Titanfall 2 will be out and no one will give any fucks about Titanfall.

If Black Ops were 360 exclusive, and then 3 years later the deal ends, would a Black Ops on PS3 release even be a big deal? No, because you'd have MW3/Blops 2/Ghosts already out.

Pretty much this ^^

Chris Hu said:
mornelithe said:
Chris Hu said:
Sony can't outbid MS especially since they recently lost another $1,1 billion.

Sony doesn't have to, the lost revenue from the PS3/PS4 will start to make it too expensive for Microsoft to consider, because EA's asking price will rise as the sales disparity increases.

It's an interesting situation for Sony though, do they go full out on the PS4 and put up some money to get rid of the exclusivity?  Or do they rest on their laurels with  the position they're currently in, public opinion on their side, and the content they've already lined up for this year?  It could either be a hammerblow to Microsoft, or something that at least gives them a bump in sales...

Or another thing to consider is Sony simply takes the stance that they did last gen with these 'exclusivity' deals, where they force any developer who does this to bring the game to their console with additional content+polish, sometime down the road.  As the PS3 gained steam last gen, many developers were forced to do this, simply because the possible profits that the PS3 represented were too good to turn down.

Should be enjoyable to watch unfold, at least.

The game will sell more then enough to stay exclusive the FPS crowd is strong on MS cosoles Halo 2 sold enough that it would have been the sixth highest selling game on the PS2 despite selling less then 1/6 of the hardware of the PS2.

But the landscape is different this time.  MS got lucky and bought Bungie (the dev) before any publisher did.  So when Halo became 1st party to MS, MS had all the cards and could control 100% of what Bungie did. 

Now with TF, you have a dev that has partnered with EA which is known for multi-plat releases.  Similar to the COD devs and Activision.  MS can throw a lot of money around, and Sony cant really play ball at the level that MS can in that respect.  But Sony does have a larger install base and that doesnt seem to be turning around any time soon and that will appeal to EA. 

Do you see any platform exclusives that are published by EA?  Yeah we had Mass Effect fo a while, but that went multi after the first installment.

I wonder how much MS paid for this. We've got a few weeks to see if it was worth the price. If this doesn't make X1 take the US for a few months this year ................. will it be worth it?
especially if exclusivity is lost for the next titanfall. I still think MP only is making it less attractive. atleast to me.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

I don't think they will have to try too hard, with the latest NPD numbers, EA will be starting to realize how badly they backed the wrong horse. Im sure the money they got will take the sting out of it tho.

Turkish said:
Stop posting crap from thuway, Titanfall 1 exclusivity is locked forever, its not gonna come out 5 years later on the PS4, not worth it. That said, its obvious Sony is trying to get TF2 on PS4

That's what they said about RE4 and ME.