By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Sony Trying Hard To Get Titanfall on PS4/PS3, Microsoft Going For Deal Similar To CoD Series"

Better for the industry because :

- It brings the new ip to a bigger public, so better for respawn, and more money to make better/bigger sequels

- It will learn to MS that creating/funding (bayonetta2)new IP is better than buying one(because not very useful, they'll always end up on PS4), it brings more variety to the industry with more games and more personality to One which will become a must have will real (no timed) MS exclusives

- and more important, everyone will play the next most famous shooter of this generation !

(- and it's good to have the choice to buy a better version on a console 100$ cheaper, had to say it :p )

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

Those MS shareholders will probably love to see MS dumping millions into a single IP that won't boost sales in a significant way.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

KylieDog said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
green_sky said:
That's cool but most PlayStation gamers don't care about it.

Couldn't be farther from the truth. I'd be willing to bet the bank account that if Titanfall was a PS4 exclusive, you can bet your ass the majority of Sony fans on this site would be claiming it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Bollocks.  What would happen is MS fanboys would stop pretending this is anything but CoD with mechs and an airjump.

I wouldn't know. I'm a Nintendo fanboy, not an M$ (although I do own all 3 consoles this gen) so I couldn't tell you. It doesn't look anything like COD and seems to have some unique gameplay (i.e watch the videos from the  BenVTrigger thread  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=178156 ). 

I also stick by my previous statement. I don't know if you were around when Haze was initially revealed but there were people hyping it as a Halo Killer (until reviews came out). Sony fans hype (sometimes overhype) every major exclusive. So like I stated, you can bet your ass if Titanfall was a PS4 exclusive, there would be non stop threads.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Adam Boyes is the 3rd party guy for Sony. Hit em up on Twitter and push for it if you want it as well.

EA might be rethinking their strategy with this game. Cant imagine that seeing the PS4 double XB1 is NA in Jan has not made them consider whether or not all the lost sales is worth it. I cant imagine MS is paying them that much its probably more like waved royalty fees and other partnership benefit. If MS had payed them more or helped in development (financially) this would be a 2nd party game, as it stand now it is a 3rd party exclusive.

Also I don't think Sony fans really want the game that bad. They just know is XB1 is not doing well (compared to PS4) and losing this would be a kick in the nuts.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Stop posting crap from thuway, Titanfall 1 exclusivity is locked forever, its not gonna come out 5 years later on the PS4, not worth it. That said, its obvious Sony is trying to get TF2 on PS4

Turkish said:
Stop posting crap from thuway, Titanfall 1 exclusivity is locked forever, its not gonna come out 5 years later on the PS4, not worth it. That said, its obvious Sony is trying to get TF2 on PS4

Titanfal 1, certanly not, but Titanfall Sigma Plus extreme Deluxe Definitive edition also known as Titanfall 2, maybe :p

Mass effect wont go to playstation either.. it is contracted by microsoft who published the ip

mM

I hope they don't succeed. Seriously, just let the game go. SONY made 4 of these types of games themselves last gen and two of them did very well. This gen, we've already got PlanetSide2 to kick things off. If you want exclusives, get the console for it. We don't need two identical systems.

4 ≈ One

kowenicki said:
Turkish said:

I'm still trying to work out how a med student is an "industry insider"

Smells like Walter Mitty to me... attention seeker.

No need to work in the industry to be an insider ( i dont think FamousMOrtimer works in the industry), you just need to have a good friend working at MS/Sony/...

and Walter Mitty is a good movie.