By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ONM’s WiiU announcement is Indie-related ... -_-

"Cant wait for that indie announcement." - No one ever.

Around the Network

Well, I didn't really expected Indie, but I knew it wasn't some Nintendo game (Nintendo always wants to announce it themself) or some big AAA-third-party game (same here). I expected some smaller titel. Indie matches it too though.

And as Kresnik said:

Kresnik said:
 But some of them are real good. Some of them are real trite, of course, but that's exactly the same with the retail releases you get too.

We got awesome Indies for WiiU so far, like Little Inferno, Trine 2, Zen Pinball 2, Nano Assault Neo, The Cave, Castle Storm, Toki Tori 2, Unepic and Giana Sisters. The OP  made another thread about great Indies that are coming in the future. I for one will be really happy, if we get more such great games. I really can't understand all this disappointment in the thread.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

fatslob-:O said:

The problem here is that I don't see any WIIWare games being praised by nintendo supporters and the like but rather I sense alot of smearing towards low budget titles and that goes especially towards Sony featured ones too as kresnik pointed out ...

The interesting fact is, that on WiiWare were some nice games (like Lost Winds), but overall I didn't got the feeling we git really great games here. It's different ith WiiU, we got really awesome small Indie-ga,es already, and a lot more are coming. Don't know what has changed.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

random15 said:

LOL you guys should be happy you are finally getting some games to play. Nothing wrong with indie games btw.

I don't buy home consoles for indie games though. If I want indie games, I'll download them for $2.50 on Steam and play them on my 4 year old laptop.

I´m pretty sure they´ll announce like a new "Indiana Jones" game. Don´t ask me why but I´m pretty sure about it.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

The problem here is that I don't see any WIIWare games being praised by nintendo supporters and the like but rather I sense alot of smearing towards low budget titles and that goes especially towards Sony featured ones too as kresnik pointed out ...

The interesting fact is, that on WiiWare were some nice games (like Lost Winds), but overall I didn't got the feeling we git really great games here. It's different ith WiiU, we got really awesome small Indie-ga,es already, and a lot more are coming. Don't know what has changed.

I think the relationship with Ninty and indies just got better during the transistional stage. IMHO WIiWare had crap games in terms of indies. Especially comparing them to the other platforms it was no contest. Now it seems that the WiiWare on Wii U is getting some of the same stuff the other guys are getting and then some. From what i read file limitations on Wii as well as Ninty being stricter was what sunk that ship. But things have changed for the better

Mnementh said:

What you define as "awesome" may not really apply to alot of the others here in the stigmatized gaming community. Many of the traits that the WII U has possessed are very similar to the gamecube. The best games on the gamecube were not low budget games per se but they were mostly AAA games. If hardcore nintendo fans are anything to go by you could say that they are mostly AAA junkies. Alot of them may not see the low budgeted games as "awesome" and instead may view them as trash contrary to what you think. 

RavenXtra said:
eyeofcore said:
RavenXtra said:
The "may no longer be relevant" comment makes me think it could be Art of Balance. Either way, nothing wrong with indies.

Are you nuts? What? How in the world you would think about Art of Balance? Geez... *facepalm*

Like I said, his tweet stating whatever the announcement was "may no longer be relevant" gave me the idea there was a slight chance it was something we saw already, and Art of Balance was just revealed for the Wii U the other day. I'm not saying that's what it is for sure, obviously.

Your reason why you thought it was Art of Balance is rather laughable...

"may no longer be relevant" does not mean that it has to do with something in near future, it could be about a event that will disclose it before they do and didn't you think that there could be a Nintendo Direct this month? Didn't you consider that first since the ONM is or was to release a exclusive feature, unveiling or announcement and later Nintendo may or may not include the game that they were to suppose to feature, unveil or announce...

Same thing involving Sonic Boom... I mean...

Are you people senile or lack brain cells? Why would ONM said something like that for a thing or project that is already unveiled?

You people never stop to amaze me...

eyeofcore said:
RavenXtra said:
eyeofcore said:
RavenXtra said:
The "may no longer be relevant" comment makes me think it could be Art of Balance. Either way, nothing wrong with indies.

Are you nuts? What? How in the world you would think about Art of Balance? Geez... *facepalm*

Like I said, his tweet stating whatever the announcement was "may no longer be relevant" gave me the idea there was a slight chance it was something we saw already, and Art of Balance was just revealed for the Wii U the other day. I'm not saying that's what it is for sure, obviously.

Your reason why you thought it was Art of Balance is rather laughable...

"may no longer be relevant" does not mean that it has to do with something in near future, it could be about a event that will disclose it before they do and didn't you think that there could be a Nintendo Direct this month? Didn't you consider that first since the ONM is or was to release a exclusive feature, unveiling or announcement and later Nintendo may or may not include the game that they were to suppose to feature, unveil or announce...

Same thing involving Sonic Boom... I mean...

Are you people senile or lack brain cells? Why would ONM said something like that for a thing or project that is already unveiled?

You people never stop to amaze me...

Wow, who said I was putting much stock in that possibility, as if I didn't want it to be something new? I simply stated it as a remote possibility considering his vague wording, not something I actually expected to happen. But thanks for insulting my intelligence, calling me senile, and starting with the "you people" crap. Maybe try calming down a bit, its a video game after all.

oniyide said:
I think the relationship with Ninty and indies just got better during the transistional stage. IMHO WIiWare had crap games in terms of indies. Especially comparing them to the other platforms it was no contest. Now it seems that the WiiWare on Wii U is getting some of the same stuff the other guys are getting and then some. From what i read file limitations on Wii as well as Ninty being stricter was what sunk that ship. But things have changed for the better

Maybe it was the file limit. I think that alone cannot make up for the difference I see (subjectively naturally, maybe my bias is also into that). Probably it is a combination of things: the lifted file limit, more effort on Nintendos side, osmething else...

Also I see, that my last post had horrible typos. My posts will not always correct, as my native language isn't english, but the last post was obviously made too hasty and/or too tired, so I put in that much typos. Sorry for that.