By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ONM’s WiiU announcement is Indie-related ... -_-

MohammadBadir said:
Kresnik said:
MohammadBadir said:

i must be missing something here because i don't remember anybody calling those not real games besides some MS fans when they showed the games at Gamescom

I'd have thought Microsoft fans would've been the biggest supporters of indie games seeing as the console indie scene basically originated on their console.

And I have been hearing the sentiment "but indies aren't games" for what feels like the past year.

But I'm just bitter.  And possibly mistaken.  If it's not Microsoft or Nintendo fans, must be those pesky SEGA fans!

well the whole Indie thing was because Sony showed mostly Indie games at their confrence.

So it WAS the Nintendo fans...

Around the Network

The "may no longer be relevant" comment makes me think it could be Art of Balance. Either way, nothing wrong with indies.

I just want to clear something up real quick...ONM is not Nintendo. People keep blaming Nintendo for this not being a bigger announcement but this never had anything to do with Nintendo. Blame ONM if you want for overhyping things but pretty much every publication does that to help with sales...

Also, this was pretty much expected. As others have stated, if it was a big first party game, it would've been announced in a Direct...

sundin13 said:

Also, this was pretty much expected. As others have stated, if it was a big first party game, it would've been announced in a Direct...

It could have been a Direct between now and the magazine cover.

I´m from Germany so I think it could be shin´ens FAST Racing League Neo.

Around the Network
RavenXtra said:
The "may no longer be relevant" comment makes me think it could be Art of Balance. Either way, nothing wrong with indies.

Are you nuts? What? How in the world you would think about Art of Balance? Geez... *facepalm*

burninmylight said:

Yep, it's just that. Chill out. If you need an avenue to vent your anger, try taking up poetry or something.

You don't get to call be bitter.  You haven't earned that right.

And besides, You don't know me.  You're not God.

eyeofcore said:
RavenXtra said:

Are you nuts? What? How in the world you would think about Art of Balance? Geez... *facepalm*

Like I said, his tweet stating whatever the announcement was "may no longer be relevant" gave me the idea there was a slight chance it was something we saw already, and Art of Balance was just revealed for the Wii U the other day. I'm not saying that's what it is for sure, obviously.

Kresnik said:
Come join us, WiiU brethren. Embrace the indies.

You may have been writing them off when Vita was getting loads: "they aren't even real games, olol!" That's okay, we won't hold it against you. I didn't like them much either until I played Hotline Miami last year.

But some of them are real good. Some of them are real trite, of course, but that's exactly the same with the retail releases you get too.

P.S. I don't know why anyone was expecting a Metroid-esque Nintendo announcement from a magazine, given the past what, 2 years of Nintendo Directs?

P.P.S. That Hat in Time game looks really, really good.

P.P.P.S. We'll never join you. Never.

OT: They aren't even real games, olol!

Nothing wrong with indies, but most of the time they're nothing to get THIS excited about. Still, I'm hoping it is one of those rare examples to get excited about. What if it was No Man's Sky being Wii U exclusive? Not saying you should expect that, but just an example of how an indie game could be big news.