By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ONM’s WiiU announcement is Indie-related ... -_-

fatslob-:O said:What you define as "awesome" may not really apply to alot of the others here in the stigmatized gaming community. Many of the traits that the WII U has possessed are very similar to the gamecube. The best games on the gamecube were not low budget games per se but they were mostly AAA games. If hardcore nintendo fans are anything to go by you could say that they are mostly AAA junkies. Alot of them may not see the low budgeted games as "awesome" and instead may view them as trash contrary to what you think.

I see a lot of praise for Nano Assault Neo on this site from the NIntendo-fanbase. I see threads like this with positive reactions. I see a lot of praise in the Miiverse communities of the games. I also see a lot of spotlight directly for the Indies in the eShop. So I don't think that you describe the stance of the majority of the Nintendo-community towards Indies correct.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

fatslob-:O said:What you define as "awesome" may not really apply to alot of the others here in the stigmatized gaming community. Many of the traits that the WII U has possessed are very similar to the gamecube. The best games on the gamecube were not low budget games per se but they were mostly AAA games. If hardcore nintendo fans are anything to go by you could say that they are mostly AAA junkies. Alot of them may not see the low budgeted games as "awesome" and instead may view them as trash contrary to what you think.

I see a lot of praise for Nano Assault Neo on this site from the NIntendo-fanbase. I see threads like this with positive reactions. I see a lot of praise in the Miiverse communities of the games. I also see a lot of spotlight directly for the Indies in the eShop. So I don't think that you describe the stance of the majority of the Nintendo-community towards Indies correct.

Do you have any accounts of sales data supporting that hardcore nintendo fans praise indie games like they say ? Reception is one thing but it does not tell the whole story like sales data. I can safely say that xbox owners adore indie titles like they say according to minecraft but do nintendo supporters and the like do it to the same extent ?

Angry Birds kart racers! WOO

/sarcasm

fatslob-:O said:
Mnementh said:

Do you have any accounts of sales data supporting that hardcore nintendo fans praise indie games like they say ? Reception is one thing but it does not tell the whole story like sales data. I can safely say that xbox owners adore indie titles like they say according to minecraft but do nintendo supporters and the like do it to the same extent ?

Nobody except Nintendo and the devs in question know the sales on the eShop. So my stuff is just as much guessing from reading stuff as yours. So I still can claim, that I think your claim regarding the Nintendo-fanbase is mostly wrong. You have the same difficulties to back your opinion as I do.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
fatslob-:O said:
Mnementh said:

Nobody except Nintendo and the devs in question know the sales on the eShop. So my stuff is just as much guessing from reading stuff as yours. So I still can claim, that I think your claim regarding the Nintendo-fanbase is mostly wrong. You have the same difficulties to back your opinion as I do.

You can claim that my my observation of the nintendo fanbase is wrong but without conclusive evidence on both sides it's pretty much gonna end in limbo until some indie dev speaks about their game sales on the WII U. While the connection that I have claimed between the gamecube and the WII U is somewhat tenuous, it holds just as much ground as your anecdotal observation of nintendo supporters praising indie games. 

Around the Network
AwakeandAlive said:

no comment ... 

source

I thought you liked indie games? What gives?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:
AwakeandAlive said:

no comment ... 

source

yeah, but I want some AAA games ;D 

the only indie game announcements I want are A hat in Time and Minecraft 

AwakeandAlive said:
TomaTito said:

yeah, but I want some AAA games ;D 

the only indie game announcements I want are A hat in Time and Minecraft 

Haha, ok. I thought A hat in Time was more or less settled, they where just looking for a publisher to help with the port.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Heh, what a downer. But I wasn't expecting much, Nintendo aren't going to announce something truly big in a magazine. They'd have done it at a conference or in a Direct.

d21lewis said:

I haven't been this disappointed by an indie since the Cryatal Skull.

Just kidding. Wanted to say something clever. Indie games rock!

D*mnit... I wanted to make an Indy joke .

Mnementh said:
oniyide said:
I think the relationship with Ninty and indies just got better during the transistional stage. IMHO WIiWare had crap games in terms of indies. Especially comparing them to the other platforms it was no contest. Now it seems that the WiiWare on Wii U is getting some of the same stuff the other guys are getting and then some. From what i read file limitations on Wii as well as Ninty being stricter was what sunk that ship. But things have changed for the better

Maybe it was the file limit. I think that alone cannot make up for the difference I see (subjectively naturally, maybe my bias is also into that). Probably it is a combination of things: the lifted file limit, more effort on Nintendos side, osmething else...

Also I see, that my last post had horrible typos. My posts will not always correct, as my native language isn't english, but the last post was obviously made too hasty and/or too tired, so I put in that much typos. Sorry for that.

its all good