By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ONM’s WiiU announcement is Indie-related ... -_-

MohammadBadir said:

i must be missing something here because i don't remember anybody calling those not real games besides some MS fans when they showed the games at Gamescom

I'd have thought Microsoft fans would've been the biggest supporters of indie games seeing as the console indie scene basically originated on their console.

And I have been hearing the sentiment "but indies aren't games" for what feels like the past year.

But I'm just bitter.  And possibly mistaken.  If it's not Microsoft or Nintendo fans, must be those pesky SEGA fans!

Around the Network

I haven't been this disappointed by an indie since the Cryatal Skull.

Just kidding. Wanted to say something clever. Indie games rock!

Kresnik said:
MohammadBadir said:

i must be missing something here because i don't remember anybody calling those not real games besides some MS fans when they showed the games at Gamescom

I'd have thought Microsoft fans would've been the biggest supporters of indie games seeing as the console indie scene basically originated on their console.

And I have been hearing the sentiment "but indies aren't games" for what feels like the past year.

But I'm just bitter.  And possibly mistaken.  If it's not Microsoft or Nintendo fans, must be those pesky SEGA fans!

well the whole Indie thing was because Sony showed mostly Indie games at their confrence.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Wasn't expecting much tbh... But who knows... We had Journey for psn which was a fantastic indie game so its not the worst thing in the world... Not saying its gonna be something that zomfg but indie doesn't mean its a bad thing, it just means its not gonna push many console sales imo

Journey isn't exactly what'd you call an "indie" game. It was backed by Sony ... 

The problem here is that I don't see any WIIWare games being praised by nintendo supporters and the like but rather I sense alot of smearing towards low budget titles and that goes especially towards Sony featured ones too as kresnik pointed out ...

You would think that it is only "AAA" games that move consoles but if minecraft were an xbox 360 exclusive it would move a shit ton of consoles. I also don't remember Wii sports and Wii Fit being AAA games either and they were the games that moved a ton of WIIs also so your point about low budget or indie games not moving alot of consoles are irrelevent. 

Kresnik said:
MohammadBadir said:

Yep, it's just that. Chill out. If you need an avenue to vent your anger, try taking up poetry or something.

Around the Network

You say that like it's a bad thing. Did anyone think Metroid U was going to be revealed in ONM?

Certainly wasn't expecting anything big from this announcement, hopefully it's still something good.

Some? I have more Wii u games than I do xbox1 games.

KungKras said:
Minecraft is indie, right?

I am not sure anymore, I think it is because it does not have a big publisher behind it, but is so popular and has make so much money that I don't know anymore.

These indie games just don't cut it. These consoles cost too much money to be satisfied with these games.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!