By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dev: Wii U Comes off Badly When Compared Against PS4/XO, Porting Next-Gen Titles Just Doesn’t Work

daredevil.shark said:

I heard a rumor that reggie was angry at other executives for making wii u so weak. But he got silenced and iwata became his boss in USA. I guess reggies was right.

Let this be a humbling lesson for Ninty.  NOJ should only focus on their handheld/Japan market.  Let the big dogs at NOA & NOE handle the home console for the western market.

Around the Network
orniletter said:
FlamingWeazel said:
But, but it's never Nintendos fault it's lazy developers right?

Yes, the same lazy devs that underutilized the power of the Cell.

Serious answer:

The WiiU has double the Ram of the HD Twins, almost no thirdparty game uses this advantage (aside from Most Wanted U´s better textures), they´d rather directly port the PS360 version over.

Yes, that is lazy.

It's not lazy when you have to put the time, money and effort into pushing the console properly. This more has to do with developers not seeing the reason they would want to make good ports of games that probably won't sell well. Of course, this begs the question of why they decided to make the game in the first place, but if they decide to make it, then a more conservative approach is at least understandable

These lazy ass developers need to step up their game. Leave Nintendo alone..

I´m really a Nintendo supporter and i purchased a Nintendo Wii U at launch!!! I really like the Nintendo Wii U and i think gameplay and innovation is more important than graphic power, but even i don´t understand how Nintendo could release such a weak concole!!! I believe that the game developers wanted more power instead of an GamePad and that the main reason for the bad third party support is the weak Nintendo Wii U concole!!!

I was also prepared to get wii U and other next gen console. so it dont hit me.

Around the Network
jonathanalis said:
I was also prepared to get wii U and other next gen console. so it dont hit me.

How I think as well. Nintendo may not compete directly, but they set them self up as a complimentary console pretty well for me.

I'm sure this was expected by everybody, including Nintendo.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
The nail couldn't be hammered down any harder. #TruthHurts

Nothing new, nothing surprising, nothing that changes anything. Why should it hurt?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Groundhog day

orniletter said:
FlamingWeazel said:
But, but it's never Nintendos fault it's lazy developers right?

Yes, the same lazy devs that underutilized the power of the Cell.

Serious answer:

The WiiU has double the Ram of the HD Twins, almost no thirdparty game uses this advantage (aside from Most Wanted U´s better textures), they´d rather directly port the PS360 version over.

Yes, that is lazy.

?? But they did, it took time as the cell was alien architecture and difficult to work with.. you're reaching. Again it's sad that it's always someone elses fault. It s nintendos fault devs find 7 yr old consoles betetr then nintendos new one to put resources into.