By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dev: Wii U Comes off Badly When Compared Against PS4/XO, Porting Next-Gen Titles Just Doesn’t Work

Nothing that we didnt already know. move on people nothing to see here.

Around the Network
pezus said:

... the notion of next-gen titles being easily portable to the Wii U just doesn’t work. The gulf in power is just too high ...

dear superchunck,

tell me again how your vision of nintendo's future where a portable console is docked into reciever plugged into a TV allowing games to be played in impressive "console mode" but also in a downgraded "handheld mode" without requiring any special effort by the developer because quote; "engines are scalable".

thanks,

kitler53

melbye said:
Even if it was possible they still wouldn't have, for some other silly reason

What other reason?? Third-party devs hated the N64 because of the expensive and limited cartridge. They then supported the GameCube pretty well considering it sold crappy but at least it was powerful. They hated the Wii because it wasn't up to the current hardware standard of the time, they hate the Wii U for the same reason.

Many devs spoke very highly of the Wii U until they got hold of the developement consoles. Damn even the CEO of EA was on stage with Reggie and Iwata at E3 2011 promising a big partnership with Wii U.. until they got hold of the console and then considered the poor sales that is.

Blaming the third-parties for all Nintendo's woos make people feel better I guess. Whereas Nintendo is blameless.

I am not saying the third-parties are blameless but if I was the CEO of EA or Valve I probably wouldn't bother putting games on the wii u either, and I am a fan of Nintendo.

Wii U owners wouldn't bother buying games from EA either lol.

Obviously both third party publishers and Nintendo are at fault for the bad relationship between them. No point in putting most of the blame on one side alone. 

But as Nintendo has proven with the Wii, their console can be a major succes even without the help of third party publishers. Heck, even the gamecube was profitable! 

slow news week? I wish these sites would tell us something we didn't know already lol. Like when the second gamepad support is coming lol.

Around the Network

nintendo build all their consoles with their franchise in mind. they don't care about anyone else it seems because games like super mario 3d world don't take much graphical power to play.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I heard a rumor that reggie was angry at other executives for making wii u so weak. But he got silenced and iwata became his boss in USA. I guess reggies was right.

pezus said:
Samus Aran said:

Wii U owners wouldn't bother buying games from EA either lol.

Obviously both third party publishers and Nintendo are at fault for the bad relationship between them. No point in putting most of the blame on one side alone. 

But as Nintendo has proven with the Wii, their console can be a major succes even without the help of third party publishers. Heck, even the gamecube was profitable! 

Yeah, or pretty much most 3rd party games for that matter. So not only does the power difference make this hard but also the sales difference and lack of return.

I'm sure Nintendo would love to repeat the Gamecube over and over again. Most of its profits during that time came from the GameBoy line...

Great sales are fine and all, but as long as Nintendo supports the console for 6 years or so, I'm fine. 

And I'm really not seeing any good games on the XBOX One and PS4. 

Wii U has Bayonetta 2, X, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros 4, Yarn Yoshi, etc coming out. And E3 will hopefully announce plenty more exclusives. 

I'm really hoping for a new Metroid game lol. 

making ports shouldnt be a problem. they did it for years with ps360 and PC.

But guys remember all games can be scaled down! scalable! remember guys scalation technology will save the U it will be just like PS2