By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dev: Wii U Comes off Badly When Compared Against PS4/XO, Porting Next-Gen Titles Just Doesn’t Work

You really have to love "anonymous sources". Especially when threads like that are posted by obvious Sony fans?

Just saying.

Around the Network

Those are all lies, every inteligent lifeform knows this is a mischevous scheme of all third parties (orchastred by Sony) to drive support away from ninty since N64.

What other reasons would exist? Devs simply decides not to make money by ignoring Nintendo?

No and no. 3rd parties are butthurt that ninty games sells more and are undeniably a lot better. So they go to Sony where the exclusives are garbage and they can outsell the plat owner.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

They ported games from the PS360 to the Wii, so how can the same thing from the PSONE to the Wii U be a problem? The Wii didn't even support hd graphics

DonFerrari said:
Those are all lies, every inteligent lifeform knows this is a mischevous scheme of all third parties (orchastred by Sony) to drive support away from ninty since N64.

What other reasons would exist? Devs simply decides not to make money by ignoring Nintendo?

No and no. 3rd parties are butthurt that ninty games sells more and are undeniably a lot better. So they go to Sony where the exclusives are garbage and they can outsell the plat owner.

Cant tell if joke post or just massivly delusional.

BeElite post :
DonFerra said:
Those are all lies, every inteligent lifeform knows this is a mischevous scheme of all third parties (Wiihastred by Sony) to drive support away from ninty since N64.

Cant tell if joke post or just massivly delusional.

Look my post history and you will see I was just summarizing the comments of ninty fans on vgc about 3rd parties "they don't support wii, but I just buy 1st party... They most hate ninty".

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:
making ports shouldnt be a problem. they did it for years with ps360 and PC.

Yeah, but chances of profitability for the port is the thing they have to factor in when looking at the Wii U.

Rafux said:
But guys remember all games can be scaled down! scalable! remember guys scalation technology will save the U it will be just like PS2

Most devs are saying the scale down would be too large between the power of Wii U and the new current generation consoles. Last gen games? Sure, but not this gen. Nintendo was talking to no one when they made their consoles. They have an issue with seeing third parties as partners overall in the grand scheme of things. Its their way or the highway. Theres just no point in scaling it down. Nintendo seems to always demand people understand them when times are bad but business is just business and they have a horrible business sense when it comes to third party. Its time for them to start seeing them as equals in the grander scheme of things.

Nem said:

Sorry, i dont buy it for a second.

Many of the next-gen titles are still coming on curent gen, and Wii U is more powerful than that.

Yeah, it wouldnt look as good, but its definitly possible. Whoever says otherwise is just not beeing thruthful. Next-gen uses pretty much the same tech as current gen, only allows for bigger pollies wich are almost unoticeable and more particle and lighting effects. Heck... all next-gen titles can be ported to current gen until i see something impressive enough that it cant be.

Those games are not next gen that are coming to the PS3 and 360. No, not MGS5..not Watchdogs and not even Titanfall. Games that have been optomized for PC and next gen consoles are next gen games are next gen. Its at the point now where devs are saying its not even worth it scale down for the truer next gen games, Wii U included.

orniletter said:
FlamingWeazel said:
But, but it's never Nintendos fault it's lazy developers right?

Yes, the same lazy devs that underutilized the power of the Cell.

Serious answer:

The WiiU has double the Ram of the HD Twins, almost no thirdparty game uses this advantage (aside from Most Wanted U´s better textures), they´d rather directly port the PS360 version over.

Yes, that is lazy.

No it is not. Apart from MW WiiU launch games don't have higher resolution textures even on PC. The games were BUILT that way. But if the U really was so powerful it would still have managed to render the games at 60fps or higher resolutions. It did neither.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

As soon as major ports for PS3 ends, Wii U will struggle to even get multiplats like AC or COD. Devs see it as, rather than making a Wii U version, we would rather make ps360 versions to make more money. And as soon as ps360 becomes irrelevant, no more Wii U ports. Slightly good news is that, N can carry their console though.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]