By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dev: Wii U Comes off Badly When Compared Against PS4/XO, Porting Next-Gen Titles Just Doesn’t Work

Oh, Nintendo. How you've lost your way. You forgot what your audience wants/needs, been riding on WiiFit/Mario too long. Well, coming from someone who doesn't own a WiiU, let me help you out:

10-Yard Fight
Faxanadu
Cobra Triangle
Pro Wrestling

Bring your Nintendo charm, flair, and unique graphic style to these titles and other old-school titles, and you can't lose. I don't mean KIDDIE, I mean UNIQUE. Just think of these 4 games with the graphic-style of Super Mario 3D World. Sh*t, you can hang it up. I'd log off VGC right now and buy those games and a WiiU. 10-yard Fight doesn't have to have an NFL license, just be fun & ridiculous. When I think of Cobra Triangle, I'm thinking of Shock Troopers for the WiiU generation, with wild weapons, ridiculous armored vehicles, quads, & epic Bosses. Again, not KIDDIE, just insanely FUN, with amazing (not REALISTIC) graphics. 4-Player Faxanadu? With dungeons, caves, RPGS elements, & a serious tone, but still with Ninty's graphical flair? I don't need to elaborate on Pro Wrestling, do I?

Can you not harp on this 3rd party thing, Ninty? Us PS4/Xbox One gamers aren't looking for a Nintendo system to REPLACE those two, we're looking for a unique experience to COMPLIMENT them. Nintendo's got the PERFECT ingredients for an amazing full course meal, on my HDTV. We just need you to stop serving the same delicious spaghetti & buttery garlic bread EVERY SINGLE NIGHT (Mario/Zelda/Smash/DK)...

Around the Network

We already knew this. But im fine with U not getting multiplats. this way we will get the unique 3rd party exclusives that Nintendo will pay, that wont sell a shitto, like in the GC era we got freaking Resident Evil and Rouge Leader exclusively. Its a good deal in my eyes.

Well I don't think its not possible for them to port the games to the WiiU, it got more to do with them thinking they wouldn't sell.

Nem said:

Sorry, i dont buy it for a second.

Many of the next-gen titles are still coming on curent gen, and Wii U is more powerful than that.

Yeah, it wouldnt look as good, but its definitly possible. Whoever says otherwise is just not beeing thruthful. Next-gen uses pretty much the same tech as current gen, only allows for bigger pollies wich are almost unoticeable and more particle and lighting effects. Heck... all next-gen titles can be ported to current gen until i see something impressive enough that it cant be.

yes, thats the reality, even Planetside 2 with all his  techincal and power angry particle efects can be port to the Ps4 obviously with a lot of things on medium settings and maybe on 30fps, but it is possible, so rigth now everything can be port to everything, hell even on phones this can be done rigth now. so this news are bullshit, anonymous dev LOL.

34 years playing games.

This is indeed that same Digital Foundry article just under a new site.

Locking.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.