By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dev: Wii U Comes off Badly When Compared Against PS4/XO, Porting Next-Gen Titles Just Doesn’t Work

No sh*t.

Around the Network

C'mom pezus, this news from 10 days ago have areadly been discussed a lot. Why bring this again?

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

The nail couldn't be hammered down any harder. #TruthHurts

Thanks to this developer, this information is very enlightening, there's no way i could have ever imagine it.

pezus said:
justiceiro said:
C'mom pezus, this news from 10 days ago have areadly been discussed a lot. Why bring this again?

Really? The article is from today, I just saw it a few minutes ago

Yeah, just click at the "Secret Developer on Digital Foundry" link. Bolt are just reallly late.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Around the Network

This is not news though, we always knew that the Wii U would be a thorn in multiplatform development cycles, I've discussed this to death in the UNITY thread and don't feel like writing any more on it.

I fully expect a bunch of people to come in and shoot down the claims though; "anonymous dev, suspicious!" "this isn't true, there are plenty of people who say they enjoy working with the Wii U!" etc. Another day at vgchartz.

Lies, they jealous

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

But, but it's never Nintendos fault it's lazy developers right?

Even if it was possible they still wouldn't have, for some other silly reason