By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - who else collects blu-ray movies.

Conina said:
HigHurtenflurst said:

Holy shit that's an impressive number (I see it seperates individual discs in things like TV series, but still... I think that collection would take over my entire houses storage space)

Yeah, some spare rooms in the house are helpful. Some old pictures from 2012:

DVDs:

DVD-Boxsets:

Blu-rays:

HD-DVDs and some Blu-ray-Boxsets:

that's a great collection. I'm working toward getting a large blu-ray collection. I want the largest one in the world. the world!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network
Conina said:

DVDs:

DVD-Boxsets:

Blu-rays:

how is the wife dealing with that? Aren't you like taking up a lot of space?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

oldschoolfool said:
SvennoJ said:
I'm a big fan of blu-ray. I have around 330 (counting box sets as one), 3 pre-ordered, and about 20 sitting in my Amazon watch list. I've pretty much upgraded my top 50 movies to blu-ray, some I've quadruple dipped, Laserdisc -> DVD -> HD-DVD -> Blu-ray, or multiple DVD versions to Blu-ray.

I watch a lot of movies multiple times and I also like the extras and commentary tracks. I've build my own home theater to enjoy it all, 1080p projector, 92" screen, heavy duty surround system. Money well spend, considering I'm into my 4th projector lamp already, at 2000 hours per lamp.

Disney keeps their prices high, although sometimes you can find a deal. It's worse with Ghibli blu-rays, when Disney finally brings them here they're $34. My favorite movie is out on Blu-ray in Japan, but it costs upto $80 to import. I'm waiting for the Hong Kong international version from play-asia.com which will still be about $40. (Waiting for Disney to publish it takes another year)

I wish I had that kind of setup,but I would'nt know how to set that up in my little apartment. plus I live in a 4 way apartment buliding and I could only imagine waking up my neighbors. lol   I'm always trying to find new blue-ray movies,but I'm just to picky. they have to be movies that I really like. I'm always searching for older movies. Although,I'll rent the newer movies just to see if I like them enough,to buy them. 

A good setup still sounds nice at low volume. Although I have a free standing house, it has kids living in it too lol. Can't play the Conjuring at full blast with my 2 and 4 year old sleeping a floor above :/ You could use a pull down screen, but it's a lot of hassle. A dedicated room is much better suited. Image quality with a projector depends mainly on ambient light and room reflectiveness. You probably don't want to paint your living room ceiling black, with dark red walls and dark floors.

I like older movies as well, some look amazing on blu-ray, Lawrence of Arabia, Ben Hur, 2001, Alien, The last emperor, Baraka, Akira, The shining. Criterion collection movies are nice but expensive :(

Or did you mean couple years older? That's where the deals are.

I'm trying to cut down on my spending, but it's hard. Watching streaming quality on a projector is such a turn off compared to blu-ray. It sucks there are no rental places around here anymore.

HigHurtenflurst said:
brendude13 said:

It cost me £70, which is about $115 with tax. Incredible value for 22 timeless movies.

Is that the one that came with a space to fit Skyfall in (or if you bought it after Skyfall came out, included Skyfall). My sister bought that for her boyfriend last Christmas.

I still haven't seen Skyfall yet ::embarrassed::

Yeah. Which reminds me, I forgot to put my copy in.

You're missing out! Skyfall is incredible.

Turkish said:
I have around 50-100 bluray movies

lets hang out

Around the Network
Conina said:
HigHurtenflurst said:

Holy shit that's an impressive number (I see it seperates individual discs in things like TV series, but still... I think that collection would take over my entire houses storage space)

DVDs:

DVD-Boxsets:

Blu-rays:

move to US i have an extra room :P foe you and your movies/series...

STOP LEECHING AIKOHUALDA

I currently have 123 DVDs and 352 Blu rays. I used to have way more DVDs but I started to re-buy them on Blu ray and give the DVDs away. I used to buy a lot of extravagant box sets for movies but I'm running out of space. Between the special edition packaging for my games and my movies there's not much space left. Luckily I'm moving soon so hopefully I have more space.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Conina said:
HigHurtenflurst said:

DVDs:

DVD-Boxsets:

Blu-rays:

Is your Wonderfalls one of your newest or did you buy the region 1 version? I am pretty sure the region 2 version only just came out here in UK (and therefore probably Germany) a few months ago, so I got it for Christmas  

Wonderfalls, Firefly & V for Vendetta are the only films/series that I actually wanted to watch the extra features DVDs always seem to come with. (I have seen a few odd bits like deleted scenes for other films, but those three are the only ones that I have completely watched all of the DVD content including all commentaries)

pretty much the same as you but i probably got about 70,i tend to buy what i haven't seen or what is going cheap so can be odd collection of films,i rent digitally all the new movies but buy older ones too,have a few box set collections like BttF,hanniball,lotr,star wars and some tv like battlestar, game of thrones & V

old action films are good too,bought tango & cash not so long ago,a young teri hatcher in that in case you didn't know,like things like the fugitive,in the line of fire,point break,falling down can always pick those sort of things up cheap

Above & Beyond