By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - who else collects blu-ray movies.

I just got Archer season 4 on blue ray, plus the other 3 seasons on blue ray.
With that I picked up office space and season 6 of the big bang theory. Seasons 1-5 on blue ray box set of the big bang theory.
spaceballs, robin hood men in tights, young frankenstein and blazing saddles I picked up on blue ray cheap on amazon.
Transformers 2 and 3 on 3d blue ray, avengers 3d blueray, Prometheus is also on 3dblueray.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
I'm a big fan of blu-ray. I have around 330 (counting box sets as one), 3 pre-ordered, and about 20 sitting in my Amazon watch list. I've pretty much upgraded my top 50 movies to blu-ray, some I've quadruple dipped, Laserdisc -> DVD -> HD-DVD -> Blu-ray, or multiple DVD versions to Blu-ray.

I watch a lot of movies multiple times and I also like the extras and commentary tracks. I've build my own home theater to enjoy it all, 1080p projector, 92" screen, heavy duty surround system. Money well spend, considering I'm into my 4th projector lamp already, at 2000 hours per lamp.

Disney keeps their prices high, although sometimes you can find a deal. It's worse with Ghibli blu-rays, when Disney finally brings them here they're $34. My favorite movie is out on Blu-ray in Japan, but it costs upto $80 to import. I'm waiting for the Hong Kong international version from play-asia.com which will still be about $40. (Waiting for Disney to publish it takes another year)

I wish I had that kind of setup,but I would'nt know how to set that up in my little apartment. plus I live in a 4 way apartment buliding and I could only imagine waking up my neighbors. lol   I'm always trying to find new blue-ray movies,but I'm just to picky. they have to be movies that I really like. I'm always searching for older movies. Although,I'll rent the newer movies just to see if I like them enough,to buy them. 

I still don't see the point of getting a Blu-Ray player. My half-dozen DVD playing devices + online streaming get the job done.

I get Blu-Ray of films I know I will watch often. Recently got Pacific Rim and The World's End.

Besides, generally only a few dollars more to go from DVD and no I have two Blu Ray players (PS3 and PS4).

I have hundreds of DVD's and maybe 40-50 Blu-ray. however since getting Netflix and Hulu plus renting/buying digital I don't think I have watched a DVD/Blu-ray in 12 months now. Was considering ebaying the lot before both formats are rendered obsolete. I also completely stopped buying any movie on disk last year.

Around the Network
Augen said:
I get Blu-Ray of films I know I will watch often. Recently got Pacific Rim and The World's End.

Besides, generally only a few dollars more to go from DVD and no I have two Blu Ray players (PS3 and PS4).

Amazing eye candy!

It's all about the game.

I actually got rid of my disc based movies and music... gave them away to family and friends.. pretty much gone digital for movie and music.. don't plan to go back on that.. maybe some special editions.. the house is much cleaner without 100's of discs..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I have a huge collection of DVD's, mostly classic, legendary movies but I never really bought Blu-Ray's. I like them, and they really are superior to DVD, but not superior enough to warrant a double dip imo.

Plus, Blu-Ray packaging pales in comparison to early DVD packaging. Look at the Hobbit EE vs. TLOTR EE. The LOTR EE packaging is freakin' amazing compared to the crap we get with the Hobbit.

I used to collect DVDs, have about 180, most of them very good and older movies. Have only about 15 BluRays though, since I turned my attention to buying video games and music CDs and DVDs. Plan to focus on 3D and anime BluRays if I get into the habit of buying them more than once in a while. Like to support the craft.

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/cohen