By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - who else collects blu-ray movies.

burninmylight said:
I still don't see the point of getting a Blu-Ray player. My half-dozen DVD playing devices + online streaming get the job done.

then why not get vhs, they're like a nickel now? do you not collect anything? same difference, I've also got over 1000 books, though fuckem get a kindle yeah? EDIT: BTW books are these strange collections of ink put upon dried tree pulp that convey a message... =p

Around the Network

I have about 40 blu-rays at the moment, but I still have yet to convert most of my 300ish DVD collection. I have a tough time convincing myself to upgrade them since my PS3 still makes DVDs look very nice.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I have about 18 blu-rays right now. Usually i buy things I haven't seen yet, some i have seen and enjoyed so i decided to buy them.

SvennoJ said:
I'm a big fan of blu-ray. I have around 330 (counting box sets as one), 3 pre-ordered, and about 20 sitting in my Amazon watch list. I've pretty much upgraded my top 50 movies to blu-ray, some I've quadruple dipped, Laserdisc -> DVD -> HD-DVD -> Blu-ray, or multiple DVD versions to Blu-ray.

I watch a lot of movies multiple times and I also like the extras and commentary tracks. I've build my own home theater to enjoy it all, 1080p projector, 92" screen, heavy duty surround system. Money well spend, considering I'm into my 4th projector lamp already, at 2000 hours per lamp.

Disney keeps their prices high, although sometimes you can find a deal. It's worse with Ghibli blu-rays, when Disney finally brings them here they're $34. My favorite movie is out on Blu-ray in Japan, but it costs upto $80 to import. I'm waiting for the Hong Kong international version from play-asia.com which will still be about $40. (Waiting for Disney to publish it takes another year)

Is it Princess mononoke?

collect movies in general but only have 18 BDs

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

Around the Network
chris212223 said:
SvennoJ said:
I'm a big fan of blu-ray. I have around 330 (counting box sets as one), 3 pre-ordered, and about 20 sitting in my Amazon watch list. I've pretty much upgraded my top 50 movies to blu-ray, some I've quadruple dipped, Laserdisc -> DVD -> HD-DVD -> Blu-ray, or multiple DVD versions to Blu-ray.

I watch a lot of movies multiple times and I also like the extras and commentary tracks. I've build my own home theater to enjoy it all, 1080p projector, 92" screen, heavy duty surround system. Money well spend, considering I'm into my 4th projector lamp already, at 2000 hours per lamp.

Disney keeps their prices high, although sometimes you can find a deal. It's worse with Ghibli blu-rays, when Disney finally brings them here they're $34. My favorite movie is out on Blu-ray in Japan, but it costs upto $80 to import. I'm waiting for the Hong Kong international version from play-asia.com which will still be about $40. (Waiting for Disney to publish it takes another year)

Is it Princess mononoke?

<- Yes. http://www.play-asia.com/mononoke-hime-paOS-13-49-en-70-757z.html free shipping, so tempting.

okr said:

On Blu-Ray I only bought about 30 movies so far. Most of them are animation movies, incl. some of my most favorite Disney movies like Pinocchio and The Jungle Book plus the afaik even in Japan still incomplete, but beautifully designed Ghibli Collection (not my picture - I buy the German edition of these Blu-Rays which looks very similar to the Japanese original). Animation movies look gorgeous on Blu-Ray.

WOW, that Ghibli boxset collection is stunning. I would totally buy that... but I don't buy physical films any more. Stopped with DVDs since I was only hoarding them and not rewatching.

Now waiting for VOD services to do a mayor step up in Europe. A true European Netflix with no borders limit, watching spanish content from the Netherlands, one can dream.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I am jealous of all of these beautiful collections and setups. I collect blurays but I only have about 30 movies with several TV series.

AdventWolf said:
I am jealous of all of these beautiful collections and setups. I collect blurays but I only have about 30 movies with several TV series.

I just can't seem to get into any kind of t.v. shows. It's all about the movies for me. The last show that I got into was house and everybody loves raymond before that,so it's rare that I invest my time for a show. 

not me, its pointless, if theres a good movie you want to collect, it will keep getting re-released every time a new format comes out.
If star wars or godfather was on VHS, DVD and blu-ray which ones do you buy and which do you keep?
Its too expensive updating them, yet you wouldnt want a crappy VHS version if you can get an awesome 1080p blur-ray.
so I just dont bother with it at all. Its a shame its starting to happen with games now, but atleast with games the original versions are still valueable compared to the remastered versions.