By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - who else collects blu-ray movies.

anybody else collect blu-ray movies. I currently have about 80 blu-ray movies. Alot of them I got on the cheap and I also have alot of box sets. My personal favorites are the friday the 13th boxset and the nightmare on elm street collection. I also have to include the back to the future trilogy. that one was a must. Alot of my collection is older movies such as robocop the unrated version,weird science,monster squad,and the gremlins movies. I also have alot of action movies. I have some old jean claude van damme movies and sly movies. bloodsport is my favorite,but it probably has one of the worse blu-ray transfers that I've every seen. double impact had the best transfer. The only think that's missing in my collection is disney animated movies. The main reason is because when they come out with them on blu-ray there so dam expensive. most of them are $30 a piece. the only time I spend alot of money on these movies,is when i get the box sets. Although the jungle book is coming out on blu-ray this year,and I want to get that one. As you can tell,I'm proud of my collection,but I'll shut up about it. 

Around the Network

I kinda do, same with good TV shows as well. Although i've been getting less and less because of Netflix.

Somini said:
I kinda do, same with good TV shows as well. Although i've been getting less and less because of Netflix.

I don't have netflix. I just rent movies from the psn are watch b movies on crackle. lol

oldschoolfool said:
Somini said:

I don't have netflix. I just rent movies from the psn are watch b movies on crackle. lol

Yeah i use Crackle as well. Gotta love Sony for making it free :O

I used to have a huge collection of VHS DVD and Blu ray, but I realized that most of them just sit there and never get watched again except for my favorites. So I gave them all away to friends and family to enjoy.  I prob have 20 dvd's and 25-30 blu ray's now.

Around the Network

Definitely a collector, looking at about 230 or so titles, many of which are box sets like the Godfather, Star Wars, Mel Brooks collection, etc. Though I pretty much refuse to rebuy because some new bullcrap special/ultimate/collectors/goblowitoutyourbutt edition gets released. that double dipping ticks me off especially if it's done within a year or two of the first, not like 10th anniversary or anything.

I have around 50-100 bluray movies

I collect all the Blu-Ray movies that I know for sure I will want to watch again. Steaming, however convenient, does not have the sound quality that Blu-Ray has and I could not live without the amazing sound put into some movies. My neighbor hates me for it but I could care less. They can just deal with a little wall shaking every once in a while.
Not to mention the video quality is also quite a bit better on Blu-ray even for a 1080p stream if you have a properly calibrated display.
I have more than 200 DVDs and Blu-Rays at current. In addition, I love quality 3-D movies and you just can't get that streaming.

I collect some but not but a huge collection. Less than 50.

I hav eapproximatively 200 bluray at home, plus 1800 DVDs. I'm not the one collecting them tough.