By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors: Beautiful

I have mixed feeling about this game.

It looks fine not great (or beautiful), but they still have time to improve them and if someone from Nintendo is helping they may get a good stable framerate also.

For the gameplay part, the Dynasty Warriors games use a LOT of characters not just one, so this game should have at least a few more (2 or 3 should be nice), but on the other hand they can change the formula to evolve the main character.

They could also incorporate the Gamepad to add some light strategy mechanics, to expand the formula.

In summary the game has potential, but right now there is just too little information to be really excited about it.

Around the Network

I laughed at their "open treasue chest and reveal

PLACEHOLDER NAME WITH GENERIC FONT"

ROFL

Guys link crossbow training killed Skyward Sword. Spin-off objectively kill series.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Sharu said:
Soundwave said:
Player2 said:
Soundwave said:
Zappykins said:
My first thought it is could be fun - but I thought Warriors would be a bunch of people. Not just Link. Where are the other ones?

My second, is it doesn't look that much better than the Wii. Where is that beautiful Link demo they had before the WiiU launched? It didn't have that 'next gen' feel to me.

Not a bad idea - like Fable Heros. Just have to make sure the execution is good.

PS Those orange guys seem like they would get annoying after a while.

It's like Dynasty Warriors. Same thing. Just with a Zelda theme.

There probably will be other playable characters.

Tingle?

Maybe, lol.

Possibly a Hylian knight, Shiek/Zelda, Impa, maybe Dark Link, etc. The name is Hyrule Warriors after all.

I'd like it to have 2 campaigns - good and evil. Just imagine storming hordes of hyrule knights with Ganon Dynasty style!

That is a really good idea!  Hope you are listening Nintendo.

I was also thinking Midna.

Ganon should be the ultimate unlockable.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
zorg1000 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
I can only see this as a desperate act by Nintendo until the real Zelda comes out. Same thing they did with Star Fox Adventures but they had Dynasty Warriors reskinned this time.

Or it could just be a game they wanted to make. Not every game in a franchise has to be a mainline installment.

No. Nintendo did the exact same thing with StarFox Adventures. The Gamecube had a similar problem with games coming out. The demand must really be getting to them. Miyamoto forced Rare to reskin Star Fox Adventures in a similar fashion when they were working on a new IP back in the GC era. This will probably turn out worse. Nintendo isn't making the game. Its the Dynasty Warriors team. 

The only way I can see this being a hit is if people are fans of Dynasty Warriors. From the look at the sales on VG Chartz of Dynasty Warriors their glory days were in the early 2000's on the PS2 and thats where it ends.

If you don't remember history you're doomed to repeat it.

They must have also been desperate in 2010 when they added Kirby to Epic Yarn when it was originally going to be a new ip.

You're obviously not getting it. That is akin to paper mario where 2D meets stylization. Its easier to reskin a 2D game, cheaper and better for the sake of time than a 3D game which takes actual thought to eventually feel natural and unforced. This is taking a game that has nothing to do with your game and reskinning it to meed demand. This is strike two on Nintendo for cheap attempts to use Zelda within a short period of time when what they advetised was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_fyOkrteqM

This is not going to breathe life into Zelda again. Star Fox Adventures should've been Dinosaur Adventures, plain and simple. They got Tecmo to reskin one of its most niche and repetitive franchises. Zelda is not Dynasty warriors, I assure you.

I do get it and Epic Yarn is the same thing, it was originally a new Ip called Fluff of Yarn and u played as Prince Fluff. Midway thru development they decided to add Kirby. By ur logic Nintendo was desperate in 2009/2010 when they made the change despite outselling the competition for the past few years.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

I would love to find S.T.A.G.E´s comments when Sony announced this Coka Cola-Uncharted/Gravity Rush iOS atrocity.

It probably was the greatest thing in the world and a brilliant marketing idea, in contrast to this "desperate act".

Predictable.

noname2200 said:
He looks like a girl.

Well, why not. Link is another person anyways in each game, why not a female in a new game.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Xxain said:
outlawauron said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Mystro-Sama said:
They said this direct would be focused on spring releases. So does that mean they're pushing hyrule warriors for spring?

It's for games up until August, said Nintendo of Australia. Seeing how many hearts Link had in some of the trailer's scenes, I imagine they're pretty well along their way with it, so I can see it releasing by August.

OT: Not sure if the OP is serious or not, but the game overall really didn't look that great, which is typical of Dynasty Warriors games. Maybe they'll polish it up some by the time it releases, but I wouldn't expect to ever be able to call this game beautiful. I do like the scarf they gave Link though!

Is this serious?

Im not gonna lie. I read that and it had me scratching my head. Links health can be decreased and increased on a whim. That trailer didnt look far along at all..and that is good.

Oh come on now guys. I find it hard to believe you've never played a Legend of Zelda game before to not know how the health system works.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Xxain said:
outlawauron said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Mystro-Sama said:
They said this direct would be focused on spring releases. So does that mean they're pushing hyrule warriors for spring?

It's for games up until August, said Nintendo of Australia. Seeing how many hearts Link had in some of the trailer's scenes, I imagine they're pretty well along their way with it, so I can see it releasing by August.

OT: Not sure if the OP is serious or not, but the game overall really didn't look that great, which is typical of Dynasty Warriors games. Maybe they'll polish it up some by the time it releases, but I wouldn't expect to ever be able to call this game beautiful. I do like the scarf they gave Link though!

Is this serious?

Im not gonna lie. I read that and it had me scratching my head. Links health can be decreased and increased on a whim. That trailer didnt look far along at all..and that is good.

Oh come on now guys. I find it hard to believe you've never played a Legend of Zelda game before to not know how the health system works.

Even if that were the case for Hyrule Warriors (which isn't, because that's not hwo Dynasty Warriors works), then you still couldn't make the argument because it's not games are developed from start to finish the way a player plays through the game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Xxain said:
outlawauron said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Is this serious?

Even if that were the case for Hyrule Warriors (which isn't, because that's not hwo Dynasty Warriors works), then you still couldn't make the argument because it's not games are developed from start to finish the way a player plays through the game.

Except this isn't just Dynasty Warriors, and do you have a source that specifically says how Hyrule Warriors is being developed?