By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors: Beautiful

Beautiful isn't the word, but it looks good fun and I think Nintendo will have some degree of quality control over this. Zelda is a golden egg, and since Nintendo have spent twenty years attempting to erase the Phillips CDi spin offs from history, I'm sure they'll be hoping for better results from this. Should be solid, not spectacular.

Around the Network
Gehirnkrampf said:
Wiiu fans craving for games so hard that they freak out over a generic spinoff with one of their icons in it and open mtille threads a minute to show everybody that the wiiu has games to be hyped for confirmed.

Just like every MS fan does with every Halo announcement.

Take your hate elsewhere please.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

I really like the art style, and the areas as well. Even if they aren't PS4 quality textures or polycount, I love the level design.

Yep.

It looks alright. I want a zelda like the tech demo though, so anything short of that is a bit of a disappointment.

graphically this looks better then any ps3/360 games

Around the Network

What should we say about Killzone ShadowFall then?

Einsam_Delphin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

But they didn't advertise it. Why would they advertise something they're not selling, that even if they did sell, no one would buy. It's just a tech demo. You only have yourself to blame for thinking anything more of it.

And are you really trying to say that this game is somehow a bad thing? I only see nothing but positives here. It shows Nintendo is still trying to keep it's 3rd party relations positive, it's another game for the Wii U, Zelda series finally does something different from the usual action/adventure, and Zelda will gain more interest from Japan while Dynasty Warriors gains more from the West. Everybody wins!

Um...that was an advertisement for what Zelda would truly look like. Its just in the art style of Twilight Princess powered by the Wii U tech. That game is not technically demanding. It's old news that that is very possible for the Wii U.

Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAmKqtAu-hY

You can take it as what you will but I find the GC era to be one of the darker times for Nintendo. The Wii U is ,mirroring it in spades.

Sorry I just assumed the video was of the tech demo (although from what you said it sounds like it is...). I can't actually watch any videos atm.

As for your last sentence, that has nothing to do Hyrule Warriors.

Well whenever you can take a look. I think Kotaku seems to agree with me. Doing stupid shit like this is going to lower peoples anticipation of Zelda. Look at how putting spinoffs into the fold lowered demand for Halo. If Nintendo (think about this) is depending on Tecmo Koei to make games for them they've seriously become desperate. Tecmo Koei was decent company a decade ago.

"Guess Nintendo needed a stopgap between Link Between Worlds and the eventual real Wii UZelda game, whenever that comes out."- Kotaku

http://kotaku.com/zelda-is-getting-a-dynasty-warriors-ish-spin-off-on-wii-1485625889?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Conegamer said:
Looks alright, I expect it to look better when it launches. So why all the hate?

It comes with the Dynasty Warriors name.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

But they didn't advertise it. Why would they advertise something they're not selling, that even if they did sell, no one would buy. It's just a tech demo. You only have yourself to blame for thinking anything more of it.

And are you really trying to say that this game is somehow a bad thing? I only see nothing but positives here. It shows Nintendo is still trying to keep it's 3rd party relations positive, it's another game for the Wii U, Zelda series finally does something different from the usual action/adventure, and Zelda will gain more interest from Japan while Dynasty Warriors gains more from the West. Everybody wins!

Um...that was an advertisement for what Zelda would truly look like. Its just in the art style of Twilight Princess powered by the Wii U tech. That game is not technically demanding. It's old news that that is very possible for the Wii U.

Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAmKqtAu-hY

You can take it as what you will but I find the GC era to be one of the darker times for Nintendo. The Wii U is ,mirroring it in spades.

Sorry I just assumed the video was of the tech demo (although from what you said it sounds like it is...). I can't actually watch any videos atm.

As for your last sentence, that has nothing to do Hyrule Warriors.

Doing stupid shit like this is going to lower peoples anticipation of Zelda. Look at how putting spinoffs into the fold lowered demand for Halo. If Nintendo (think about this) is depending on Tecmo Koei to make games for them they've seriously become desperate. Tecmo Koei was decent company a decade ago.

Aha! So you are trying to spin this negatively! No surprise there! xD
If you really believe spin-offs and collaborations qualify as stupid shit, even after I've explained how that's far from the truth, then there's nothing more to discuss here.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Um...that was an advertisement for what Zelda would truly look like.

Nintendo has released a Zelda tech demo with every new home console since the N64 (except Wii).  And none of the actual games that launched looked like their tech demos.  Not only was it statd that it was a tech demo upon the unveiling of the Wii U but it was stated many times since that it's only a technical demo of the hardware and the actual Zelda game wil not use the same art style.

You're trying to put more negative spin on this than an down quark and you're only making yourself look bad.

The rEVOLution is not being televised