By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Analyst predicts new Xbox, Nintendo consoles by 2010

Why can't I get paid the big bucks like this guy for making stupid predictions?

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6185976.html

"Wilson, who late last year made projections about a Nintendo DS redesign already being complete, also gave investors today a heads-up on when he believes Microsoft and Nintendo will unveil their next systems. "We believe that peak industry sales will occur in 2010, given that Microsoft will likely introduce its next console that year and Nintendo will likely launch before then. Further, 2010 is also likely to coincide with the end of the Nintendo DS and Sony PSP cycles.""

Around the Network

They need more time for games.

edit: also the systems are going to be crappy if they don't have much time to be developed. I would swich back to pc gaming if this happends. 

that's way to soon to release a new console

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

nothing unexpected, PS3 will still go on strong for next 8-9 years. 2015 will be the new release of PS4.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Maybe shown at e3 in 2010 but not launched.

Yes

Around the Network

stupid analysts!!! =microsoft will bring the 720 around 2012, and Nintendo will keep the Wii on the market constantly until monthly sales dip below 100,000. (which may not happen until 2012 or so. Then a new Wii will be born. Until then , the Wii is here to stay!

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

I think most predictions done here are more realistic than this one. Flush this guy!

I do see possible, that M$ releases its next console in 2010, 2011 would be more propable IMO. Sony propably targets same time with M$, so 2011 for PS4. But Nintendo is the hard one. I don't think that they want to be "late", like usual, but propably still the last one in the market. So 2011-2012 for Nintendo.

If DS keeps selling like it has, Nintendo doesn't have need to release new handheld. I'd see a new updated SKU for DS, instead of new handheld. Sony releases new functions for PSP and it's starting to have an installbase, that you can make profit with. So i don't think even Sony wants to rush.
Anyway, i doubt neither is willing to open the game for new generation of handhelds, but both like to make redesigns to boost sales.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Wow that would be 4 years for Wii and 5 for 360. I could believe the 360 one because the Xbox original was only 4 years ('01-'05), but that seems to short for the Wii considering the success its having

I could see Nintendo getting away with launching in 2010, with a new backwards compatible system for a 200 buck pricetag, competive with the PS3 in price and graphics at its launch. The system would also have some new functionality of some sort.

I can see Microsoft putting the 360 behind them at that point as well, but I don't see it making its fanbase too happy. Launching early has the unfortunate downside of having your consumers believe your dropping support too early as well. It would have slower adoption than the 360 launching that early, there is no doubt about that, but I think MS would do it just to put pressure on the PS3.

The PS3 "in it for the long haul 9 year lifespan" line is all well and good. However, Sony will kill its brand if they don't release a new system in the next 9 years. We'll likely be towards the end of the Wii 2 and 720's growth stages at that point, and the Playstation brand might be starting from scratch.

Honestly, I think we'll see new systems at 2010 E3 from Microsoft, maybe a late 2011 launch. The Wii is completely unpredictable, and the Playstation 4 will follow almost exactly on the date of, or 1 year after the 720, whenever that launches.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.