By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Analyst predicts new Xbox, Nintendo consoles by 2010

the wii will stay at least until 2015 and xbox maybe 2009 they`ll keep their 4 years change period

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

Around the Network

the wii will stay at least until 2015 and xbox maybe 2009 they`ll keep their 4 years change period

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

bdbdbd said:
dschumm said:
If an analyst wanted to be sucessful and not sound this stupid he could just get an account here and get educated.

1*So the PS2, the most sucessful consoel in history had it's sucessor in 6 years. The original Xbox was consided to be grossly mishandled for only being around 4 years. I don't see what is so hard about this prediction.

Next Xbox 2010-2012 (2010 would be seen as very early)

2*Next Wii 2011-2012

Next PS3 2011-2013
(I am giving it 1 extra year which still probably crazy)

1. Which was too promised to have 10 years lifecycle. 2. The reason why i think Nintendo will be last one out, is because they don't want to reveal their biggest capital, which has lead them where they are at the moment, which is their innovation especially with the controller. Get a year headstart from Sony and they have copied your new controller.

You have an excellent point. Nintendo is tending to prefer to hold back and then outshine it's rivals so them may be the last one out of the gate expeciall since they will be in the best position to if the Wii continues it's domination.

I only leave a slight possibility in there for something really radical theat the competitors will be unable to copy coming at an earlier timeframe and meant to sell in addition nto the Wii. A 3rd leg stratedy again. When the DS was planned it was set to sel alongside the gameboy and the home console. Now that the DS has absorbed teh gameboy we may see them venture out again. Possibly something that plays Wii games but also does something radically different. Then again they might jsut call that Wii2.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

DRUNKEN Analyst predicts new Xbox,Nintendo consoles by 2010

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

I would love to see his research and reasoning behind such asinine predictions.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Who cares when the next consoles are released? The PS3 and Wii have only just turned one a couple of months ago. The three consoles are doing well at the moment. I do not believe their owners: Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft will bring out a new console too early. 2012 would be a fairer estimate.

Viper1 said:
I would love to see his research and reasoning behind such asinine predictions.

It's probably all written down on a bar napkin!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

I agree with most people, around 2010/11 for 360, and 2011/12 for Wii and PS3. That gives about a 5 to 6 year time span for all 3. I dont think that any company will wait more than 1 year while their competitor releases a new console.

If any consoles release 2010 or 2011 I won't be buying them... forget it. I got PS3 last June and will get a Wii this spring and that's me for a while.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

kingofwale said:
nothing unexpected, PS3 will still go on strong for next 8-9 years. 2015 will be the new release of PS4.

You're joking, right? Sony will release a PS4 in 2011 or 2012. They're definitely planning on it.  2010 seems very early for Nintendo as they look like they'll be profiting heavily later in the cycle and they didn't release the Wii until late 2006.  I'd expect them to squeeze at least 5 years out of it.