By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Analyst predicts new Xbox, Nintendo consoles by 2010

I can see it-

If the new PS2 motion controls start to eat into the sells of Wii.
If the new EYE TOY for the PS3 is "Revolution"ary.
If there comes some unforeseen sea change.

WHY would it have to be Wii 2?
It could be a 3RD Leg. (Like the DS was supposed to be and was briefly.)

They could CHEAPLY PRODUCE a more powerful SYSTEM that is HD compatible -

(ALL of the components are far more cheaper than they were. As we know that in most countries HD will be the standard. In 2009 people with out a HDTV will need a converter box to receive any Television Programs.)

BUT I don't think that they will release another system until they have some NEW idea or Technology that will set it apart.

[Does the Wii really look that horrible on HD TV's? (Jagged- lines)]

Around the Network

i doubt any of them will release theyre consoles in 2010

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

FaithRaven said:

I believe that theres a chance for Nintendo to release Wii 2 sooner than 720 and PS4, maybe somewhere between 2009 and 2010.

Call me crazy for giving a such short life for Wii, but cheaper products tend to have success with shorter life spans.

Fans would get mad to pay 600$ for a console every 4 years, but I don't think they would be so pissed if they would only have to pay 250$ every 4 years.

In short, buying a Wii every 3-4 years is like buying an Xbox or PS every 6-8 years.

A Wii2 very similar with the original Wii, using the same controls and playing the old games but with a better hardware in it would have a very big success I believe.

What dry you out of money is the extra accesories you buy and the games, not the console itself. I already payed twice more for Wii accesories and games than I have payed for the console, and I have it for 3 months only.

So the Ipod is now dead? Plz....

The Wii isn't a toy! Though it may have last-gen tech with a nex-gen controller, it is just getting started! Lots of celebrities have already commented and endorsed Wii just like Shia LeBeouf, Jack Black, and others have endorsed the 360. People are also endorsing PS3.

iF oPRAH GETS HER HANDS ON WII ITS LIGHTS OUT FOR EVERYONE INCLUDING APPLE!!! (IPOD WILL BE DONE!)

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
CHYUII said:

I can see it-

(ALL of the components are far more cheaper than they were. As we know that in most countries HD will be the standard. In 2009 people with out a HDTV will need a converter box to receive any Television Programs.)

BUT I don't think that they will release another system until they have some NEW idea or Technology that will set it apart.

What the HELL? You got it so wrong!!!! You do not need an HDTV to recieve television programs! You need to get rid of antenna tvs! (which surprising no one, even my grandma, has!)

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
daactualfact said:
CHYUII said:

I can see it-

What the HELL? You got it so wrong!!!! You do not need an HDTV to recieve television programs! You need to get rid of antenna tvs! (which surprising no one, even my grandma, has!)

What the fuck? Is this a joke i don't get? What is an antenna TV? Yes you do need HDTV or converter to watch TV (if i recall) in 2009... in Estonia. But considering the population being something over a million, i don't think it will have large effect on worldwide console sales. If you're talking about USA, they are cutting down the analog broadcasts in 2009. You will still be able to see the SD channels, although they are just broadcasted digitally. The same thing happened in Finland last fall (although, analog broadcasts at cable was continued until the end of 2008 feb) and Sweden at the end of the year (they cut down analog OTA and Cable). We still have SD channels, but they just are digital.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

There is no reason for Nitnendo to launch in 2010, even 2011 won't be needed, as long as the Wii makes profits they have no reason to launch a replacement, since Sony and MS don't have the ability to disrupt their market

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I believe it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to see a new xbox in 2010, I doubt a new wii before 2011.

MS might have to worry about sony with a hard drive in every console, blu ray internal drive, and the possibility that ps3 games will be able to blow 360 games out of the water in the near future (though, at this point, still yet to be proven). The 360 is selling at a steady rate (5 mil more consoles sold after 2 years then the xbox), but MS is aggressive and could very well release a new console in 2010

When you announce a new system, you affectively say you don't care about the old one. Why would nintendo axe the fastest selling console of all time after 4 years (or 3.5 years if you figure in that it would have to be announced at least a half year before hitting shelves). Plus, wii's are already so cheap to manufacture (probably under $200 by this point), that nintendo has to be making a killing off hardware sales alone.

That's 5 years into 360's life and if 360 is last place by then I could see MS putting out a new machine.

Nintendo however, won't. They will be the top dog and won't put out a new machine before 2011.

Antenna TV = not cable, satellite etc. but gets its signal via antenna. The broadcast channels.

Or was that a joke I didn't get?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

REally?? the source said that nintendowould release the N6 (next gen console) in 2012
and predicted that the xbox next gen and the ps4 would come in 2010

btw: that is two yrs!! :O