By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Analyst predicts new Xbox, Nintendo consoles by 2010

Bahahahaha... so, if the Wii2 is launching "before then (2010)", then it must be launching in late 2009, at the latest. Meaning that, according to this analyst, the Wii, the fastest-selling console ever, will have a three-year life cycle.

I wish I could get paid to spout off complete wankery to the public.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

i could see a redesigned wii slim or something but not a whole new system

I'd say 2011-2012 for all consoles.

PS3 in 2015 would be as wild as Wii in 2009. Not going to happen.

If an analyst wanted to be sucessful and not sound this stupid he could just get an account here and get educated.

So the PS2, the most sucessful consoel in history had it's sucessor in 6 years. The original Xbox was consided to be grossly mishandled for only being around 4 years. I don't see what is so hard about this prediction.

Next Xbox 2010-2012 (2010 would be seen as very early)

Next Wii 2011-2012

Next PS3 2011-2013 (I am giving it 1 extra year which still probably crazy)

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

i think what the guy means is the wii will introduce a new color. that's got to be it.

Around the Network

uh-huh, I wonder how many wiis would be sold tld over it's entire life time according to this chumps prediction? bet it was something like 20 million
seriously these people shouldn't have these jobs

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dschumm said:
If an analyst wanted to be sucessful and not sound this stupid he could just get an account here and get educated.

1*So the PS2, the most sucessful consoel in history had it's sucessor in 6 years. The original Xbox was consided to be grossly mishandled for only being around 4 years. I don't see what is so hard about this prediction.

Next Xbox 2010-2012 (2010 would be seen as very early)

2*Next Wii 2011-2012

Next PS3 2011-2013
(I am giving it 1 extra year which still probably crazy)

1. Which was too promised to have 10 years lifecycle. 2. The reason why i think Nintendo will be last one out, is because they don't want to reveal their biggest capital, which has lead them where they are at the moment, which is their innovation especially with the controller. Get a year headstart from Sony and they have copied your new controller.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

I believe that theres a chance for Nintendo to release Wii 2 sooner than 720 and PS4, maybe somewhere between 2009 and 2010.

Call me crazy for giving a such short life for Wii, but cheaper products tend to have success with shorter life spans.

Fans would get mad to pay 600$ for a console every 4 years, but I don't think they would be so pissed if they would only have to pay 250$ every 4 years.

In short, buying a Wii every 3-4 years is like buying an Xbox or PS every 6-8 years.

A Wii2 very similar with the original Wii, using the same controls and playing the old games but with a better hardware in it would have a very big success I believe.

What dry you out of money is the extra accesories you buy and the games, not the console itself. I already payed twice more for Wii accesories and games than I have payed for the console, and I have it for 3 months only.

RolStoppable said:
kingofwale said:
nothing unexpected, PS3 will still go on strong for next 8-9 years. 2015 will be the new release of PS4.

Wrong thread. Try this one.

On topic: Yet another analyst who is spouting nonsense.

Rol wins the thread =D

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

2009/2010 is a pretty safe estimate  for the release of the next Sony and Nintendo handhelds being that they will be 5/6 years old; this will give the Nintendo DS another full year of dominance in both hardware and software sales before the next dominant handheld unseats it.

With Home consoles 2010/2011 will be when the first of the 'Next Generation' consoles will be released and by the end of the following year (2011/2012) all of the  'Next Generation' consoles will have been released. The dominant console from this generation (probably the Wii) will continue to remain dominant until all of the next generation systems are released, and will (probably) still sell on some level until 2013/2014; the other consoles are (likely) going to see declining sales after the first  'Next Generation' console is release because they will lose their position as a 'main' alternative to the dominant console.