By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - should i buy a vita or a 3ds?

3DS has been my personal console of the year for two years in a row now and it doesn't really seem to be slowing down too much...so i guess that speaks for itself

Around the Network
aviggo77 said:

i am buying any one of those two this holiday.i think of buying one with more exclusives and indie titles.which should i buy and why?

Always choose based on the games you want to play

For 3DS, the games that made it worthwhile for me are:

Mario 3D Land
Zelda Ocarina of Time
Zelda Link Between Worlds
Fire Emblem Awakening
New Super Mario Bros 2
Ghost Recon - Shadow Wars
Dead or Alive Dimensions

and tons of different Virtual Console / Old Classic games

Sure there is a ton more games on 3DS than what I have listed, but these are the only ones I really got into.

For Vita, the following games made it worthwhile for me:

Mutant Blob Attacks
Escape Plan
Killzone Mercenaries
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Miami Hotline
Sound Shapes
Super Stardust Delta
Smart As
Rayman Origins
Rayman Legends
Guacamelee!
Dokuro
Plants vs. Zombies
Burn the Rope
Fruit Ninja
Walking Dead Season 1
LittleBigPlanet

As you can probably tell, many of the best Vita games can also be played on PS3 or SmartPhone/Tablets, but for me personally I enjoyed them on PS-Vita. There are many more games that I have listed... these are just the ones that I have enjoyed.

Its DEBATABLE weather the 3ds library is better than the vita. With games like Gravity Rush, Guacamelee, Wipeout, Hotline Miami, Dukturo, Killzone , Tearaway and the ability to recieve purfect ports such as SFxTekken, NFS:, and MvsCapcom3, its clear that the 2 systems have much to offer. I would go with the Vita. It has the edge in Indle titles.

This reminds me of my first thread :') http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=137213 Good times.

OT: Do what I did

Depends on if you prefer Nintendo's or Sony's exclusive franchises? You really can't go wrong with either. I find it hard to recommend one over the other, owning both.

With 3DS, you get the usual Nintendo greatness with huge JRPG support.
Vita gives you games like Uncharted, Little big planet and Killzone as well as all them great indies. Vita is especially worth it if you want to try something different and if you plan to get PS4 eventually.

Either one should be a great purchase but it depends on what genres you prefer

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

Have you owned a Nintendo system in the past, and if so did you enjoy any Nintendo franchises?

If you answered yes, then go get a 3DS.

3DS. Vita has a few good exclusives, but 3DS library really blows the Vita's out of the water. Also, the Vita really has nothing on the plate now that tearaway has launched. Expect little to no support on that front from sony.

Whichever you go with, I'm sure you'll be happy. Quite frankly, the games on the 3DS suit my interest more than those on the Vita. Not only this, but also there are games on the 3DS that are system sellers for me, while I can't think of any Vita game I'd buy the Vita for specifically to play (albeit if I look at the Vita's whole library it is definitely worth it.) All of this, combined with the lower price made the 3DS a no-brainer for me. I'll likely eventually get a Vita though, since I'm primarily a handheld gamer anyway, and it appeals to me. Both are great systems, and you can't go wrong with either, I'd think.

aviggo77 updated his status: buying a vita this christmas.i am over-excited.
8 hours ago | 0 comments | Add comment

man-bear-pig said:
This reminds me of my first thread :') http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=137213 Good times.

OT: Do what I did

Disgusting.