By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bravely Default looks like the RPG we've all been waiting for

Bristow9091 said:
MohammadBadir said:
Bristow9091 said:
So what is it going to be called in the west? Surely they can't call it For The Sequel here too, right?

Oh well, it looks like an interesting game, the visuals are gorgeous and the music is great... didn't realise it was releasing so soon either!

i think the western version is the "For the sequel" version.

Yeah I know we're getting all the same content, but I mean, calling it "For The Sequel" just doesn't seem like a good idea, since we never got the first anyways... I'm asking if it'll be called For The Sequel, or Flying Fairy

according to the demo i downloaded, it's just called "bravely default" :P

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
MohammadBadir said:
Bristow9091 said:
So what is it going to be called in the west? Surely they can't call it For The Sequel here too, right?

Oh well, it looks like an interesting game, the visuals are gorgeous and the music is great... didn't realise it was releasing so soon either!

i think the western version is the "For the sequel" version.

Yeah I know we're getting all the same content, but I mean, calling it "For The Sequel" just doesn't seem like a good idea, since we never got the first anyways... I'm asking if it'll be called For The Sequel, or Flying Fairy

It is simply called "Bravely Default" in the west.

BasilZero said:
They've confirmed that it will be coming out on Feb 7th 2014 here in the US.

Great timing too cause my birthday is in the 22nd!

I might get a early B-day present :3

I'm gonna shoot for the Special Edition - hopefully it doesnt cost over $60 lol.

$55

Naum said:

Finally a turnbased RPG...Haven't played one since lost odyssey

I love this tune http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLVEsdnAGjA

Also the battle theme is great http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy1Ie48W4uw

Well, try Etrian Odyssey, also for 3DS.

To Bravely Default: I tried the demo, and the Brave/Default-system is really adding something useful to turn-based RPGs. That's great. The options for character-development are limited, as expected with Squenix. Now I wish for EO V with the skill-trees that are usually in Etrian Odyssey, but a Brave/Default-option in fights.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

day 1 purchase for me.

Around the Network

The demo is amazing, can't wait the full game. Will get it day one, this is the kind of games which are not getting cheaper, but only more expensive (aka Xenoblade).

Actually, the RPG I've been waiting for is Final Fantasy 6 or 7 remade for 3DS.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Downloaded the demo today, can't wait to try it out once I get out of work. Seen all the vids and JP gameplay and the game just looks amazing in every way conceivable. From gameplay, artstyle, character representation and whatnot, this looks to be a serious contender for GOTY, at least for me.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Been playing the demo. Its good with great music. Main complaint is the small text and not too keen on the style of the town being like a 2D platform..

Like the demo, but it's a little confusing...and hard as well. I guess no story if alright for a demo, will wait for reviews.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.