By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone Shadow Fall metacritic FLOP CONFIRMED: 73 on 17 reviews

M.U.G.E.N said:
Xenobot said:

50 from Polygon

90 from Destructoid

Whom do I trust?

The one that doesn't have Arthur Geis

Or just trust Dale North. he's a good guy.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Thoughts? You guys are focusing too much on the metascore, and not enough on the substance of the reviews.

Also, plenty of critics liked it and no one so far has hated it. If I do end up getting a PS4 this month, KZ will be one of my games.

What bothers me is that, even without anything resembling a killer app at launch, the PS4 will likely sell gangbusters. I have no problem with the PS4 winning the 8th gen, but I'd like it if Sony earned it.

Love and tolerate.

Welp, that's a spirit breaker. Just gonna have to wait it out until driveclub and infamous

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

KIllzone has never been an amazing shooter in my mind, with that said I don't consider a 74 a flop. I would say that 60 and below would be flop material. I understand that there were high expectations for the game though.

Around the Network

my most anticipated flop for the PS4!!! :p

Looks like aside from Killzone 2, which is the only entry to have a 90+ score, the rest seem to fall below expectations. With this and the Vita KZ, the IP is now currently a 70's franchise.

Don't mean to knock it per se. From the few reviews and videos I have seen, the game is gorgeous and set pieces are awesome.....but comes off like a sci-fi COD. The story, while improved, isn't close to the depth of ones like Halo. Not to incite a flame war, but since Halo is my favourite IP and I love it more for the lore then gameplay, that is why I make the comparison.

The Killzone series is made for the action Playstation gamer who like competitive multiplayer. True depth of campaign, both in gameplay and lore, have more to be desired, but aren't what the sci-fi FPS playstation gamer want anyway. So no real loss here.

The game looks fantastic, and graphic nuts have that to brag about. Sorry bout the low score, im sure both sides will have their share of missed opportunities.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Far from a flop I would say but I would have guessed around 80 actually.

the 50 from polygon and the 60 from the globenmail really hurt its over all score..

and it seems the globenmail's biggest gripe was that it was to hard for the reviewer, and he got frustrated to easy.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

phenom08 said:
I wonder how this game will sell if poor reviews continue to come in

It will sell just fine for a few months because it has the graphic WOW factor and many people preorder it, but it will not have legs as more people buy the console they will go for other options.