By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone Shadow Fall metacritic FLOP CONFIRMED: 73 on 17 reviews

Salnax said:
What bothers me is that, even without anything resembling a killer app at launch, the PS4 will likely sell gangbusters. I have no problem with the PS4 winning the 8th gen, but I'd like it if Sony earned it.

Building the most powerfull hardware at cheaper price is not earning it?

Around the Network

Killzone will be fine once the Sony magazines roll in with their reviews the game will steadily climb the metacritic charts. Seeing a game listed as too difficult is something I expect out of Adam Sessler it is embarrassing that reviewers are marketing a game down for being hard.

Never played any of the Killzone games before (they all look a bit dull to me), but I was somewhat optimistic about this one.

Though looking back at the gameplay video's, I did have my doubts about the game. And the reviews on KZ:SF pretty much confirms my suspicions. Most saying its good, but flawed and not really essential unless you're a fan of previous games.

Contrast is the best ps4 launch game.

Kane1389 said:
Salnax said:
What bothers me is that, even without anything resembling a killer app at launch, the PS4 will likely sell gangbusters. I have no problem with the PS4 winning the 8th gen, but I'd like it if Sony earned it.

Taking the safe route and riding off competitors mistakes is arguable that it isn't earned but just winning by default :P

I can't stress the term "arguable" enough here.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

So, 7-8/10 it seems, most games have a few 'bad' reviews and this is no different. 7-8/10 is a good game. Although the Polygon summary is kind funny. "Guerilla’s first shot on the PS4"... isn't it everyone first shot on the PS4?

Hmm, pie.

sales2099 said:
Kane1389 said:
Salnax said:

Taking the safe route and riding off competitors mistakes is arguable that it isn't earned but just winning by default :P

Are you saying Xbox 360 (nearly) won by default?

UltimateUnknown said:
How is 74 out of a 100 a bad score?

I would assume that means the game is decent. Nothing spectacular (80s) or genre defining (90s), but a game worth playing if you like the genre, as it promises an enjoyable experience.

To me KZ didn't look like it was doing anything that wasn't done before. So the score kind of reflects that.

Is not actually a BAD score, is a dissapointing one, as many people (myself included) were expecting a higher one.

For some it will mean that now they will change their FPS of choice, for few others it means that they will wait for a bargain price, as you mentioned 70's usually means "a game worth playing if you like the genre, as it promises an enjoyable experience" but since it was one of the few launch exclusive titles more than the genre "loving" fan was paying close attention to this game.

brendude13 said:
sales2099 said:
Kane1389 said:
Salnax said:

Are you saying Xbox 360 (nearly) won by default?

I am assuming your just referring to 360 to PS3 and not Wii. Why, yes I am. It took advantage in the early years. It is business. Earning is a totally different matter. In 360's first years, I think we can all say they earned AND took advantage of others mistakes. After 2008, well we know what happened :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Kane1389 said:
Salnax said:

Not when the only reason you're price is $100 cheaper is because the competition is stupid enough to force an unpopular peripheral to be bundled and the relatvie value of the yen to other currencies. That's like winning a game of Russian Roulette because somebody else says "Me First!" As for the most powerful hardware, maybe the PS4 is that, but only marginally. From what I've seen, 720-gate seems to be the result of lazy programming and possibly the One being altered later on in development, rather than the PS4 being twice as capable.

I don't begrudge Sony their future success that much. They haven't made any critical flaws with the PS4. They just don't seem to be pushing things either. And the fact that the one company that isn't at least trying to be new and innovative, be it via controls, multimedia, or whatever, could dominate a generation bothers me a bit.

Love and tolerate.