By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone Shadow Fall metacritic FLOP CONFIRMED: 73 on 17 reviews

How is 74 out of a 100 a bad score?

I would assume that means the game is decent. Nothing spectacular (80s) or genre defining (90s), but a game worth playing if you like the genre, as it promises an enjoyable experience.

To me KZ didn't look like it was doing anything that wasn't done before. So the score kind of reflects that.

Around the Network

Yeah I'm not surprised to be honest.

I've enjoyed KZ but it does have a little weirdness to it that I can see why people may or may not get on with it. That being said a 5/10 score by Polygon... ok yeah.

Now I expect 1st party games to be judged more harshly than 3rd party games... just because companies are not going to want to give out high scores at the launch of a console generation... can you see the issues of giving 9/10 for games that might have needed a little longer in the oven..

Going to be interesting what they give to Zoo Tycoon, Ryse and DR3... because if the stuff thats been coming out about them is true, then we could be looking at 4-6 /10. Forza is my bet for the highest scoring game on the whole, but with the lack of content, suspect that will get 7/8's... anything higher will be a bit of a joke to be fair.

Did you notice that Flower and Resogun are the games with the highest scores 9's etc out of 10.

Fascinating times, but will be glad when its friday, so the messy end of console launch is out of the way...lol

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

kupomogli said:

This is what it seems like to me.

Playstation launches - review compared to every other game ever released.
Everything else - shower with praise regardless if better game is out there.

Yeah, the launch line up of the WiiU was praised over the moon.

A score in the 70s really isn't that bad. If you like Killzone, you'll probably still enjoy the new one, while people who are more casual fans of FPS games might not enjoy it as much. Reviews are so subjective, you might as well give it a shot if you were planning on getting it if there's no obvious technical issues with the game.

The second lowest score is 70? yea it wont stay at 74, keep strong polygon

Around the Network

In what way is a 73 metascrore a flop ?

A disappointment ? Yes

A Flop ? No !

And I say that as someone who will never even touch Killzone SF

Makes sense, most people (including myself) praised the game for its technical aspects, not the new gameplay direction on which I was skeptical since the start. Huge battlefields with amazing atmosphere with a lot of going on >>> another ''super soldier'' corridor shooter using a ''special device/powers''. Plus, the franchise lost its heavy, gritty, chaotic feel since Killzone 3.

Save us ND !!!!

I've listened to what IGN has to say (they gave it an 8) and it seems like it's going to live up to my expectations. Also Resogun has gotten some good reviews and Contrast doesn't seem bad either. So I'll have plenty to fill my time.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

So the one time a Playstation console UNQUESTIONABLY has a crappy launch line-up, people actually want it?

I think the advocates behind "PS3 haz no gaemz" have a lot to answer for. They have from the hours of 00;00 Monday to 00:00 Monday to engulf the internet with "PS4 haz no gaemz" memes, otherwise $599 US Dollars will officially go down in history as the single biggest thing that bittered everyone's opinion of the PS3.

foodfather said:
g911turbo said:

Funny I didn't like the way KZ3 controlled compared to COD.  Then again, I don't think I ever tried the multiplayer so I cannot give a fair comparison.

You weren't alone, the game died very quickly. Plus, jetpacks only featured in it the same way as it features in Halo games, its wasn't seamless

Yeah.  It does appear that Titanfall commits to that model, for better or worse.  I bought a 360 for Left 4 Dead.  Might buy an XOne for Titanfall (although I can get it on 360 too). 

That being said, we all know there are plenty of good upcoming games for PS4.