By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone Shadow Fall metacritic FLOP CONFIRMED: 73 on 17 reviews

elazz said:
Hmm, Ghosts has a 74 on Metacritic and I think that Shadow Fall will reach 75/100. Still I don't think it is a flop since it is actually a real next-gen game and is miles ahead of those cross-gen games. Knack is flop though, Resogun is the surprise.

knack never looked  great.  resogun looks like a kick ass next gen defender.  then again r-type is one of my favorite games so this is up my alley.  

Around the Network
TheKoreanGuy said:
Waiting for that Polygon 10/10 Titanfall review.

Just goes to show what a joke the review process has become.

LOl at people even considering Polygon "reviews". That shop is a branch of the MS pr department.

UltimateUnknown said:
How is 74 out of a 100 a bad score?

I would assume that means the game is decent. Nothing spectacular (80s) or genre defining (90s), but a game worth playing if you like the genre, as it promises an enjoyable experience.

To me KZ didn't look like it was doing anything that wasn't done before. So the score kind of reflects that.

It's not a bad score at all. It shouldn't be. But it has become such a way that anything less than an 85 for AAA games is perceived as bad, and we can only blame these gaming journalists for this perception.

IGN gave it an 8, saying that the graphics are gorgeous and the multiplayer is fun. That's all I really need to know.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

keep this in mind, the same guy who said TLOU was a 7.5 gave this a 5.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network

Not surprised... It is a Killzone game after all, I do not think anyone expected a 80+ for this.
At least the game looks very good on the graphical side but it has always been the case for the Killzone serie.

Any word on how long the game is from reviewers...yes i'm too lazy to look through all of them

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Imaginedvl said:
Not surprised... It is a Killzone game after all, I do not think anyone expected a 80+ for this.
At least the game looks very good on the graphical side but it has always been the case for the Killzone serie.

I expected 80+ because it's a AAA game

TheKoreanGuy said:
UltimateUnknown said:
How is 74 out of a 100 a bad score?

I would assume that means the game is decent. Nothing spectacular (80s) or genre defining (90s), but a game worth playing if you like the genre, as it promises an enjoyable experience.

To me KZ didn't look like it was doing anything that wasn't done before. So the score kind of reflects that.

It's not a bad score at all. It shouldn't be. But it has become such a way that anything less than an 85 for AAA games is perceived as bad, and we can only blame these gaming journalists for this perception.

More like a missed opportunity

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Kane1389 said:
sales2099 said:

Taking the safe route and riding off competitors mistakes is arguable that it isn't earned but just winning by default :P

I can't stress the term "arguable" enough here.

8 GB of GDDR5 was a huge risk actually and riding off competitors's mistakes was almost the sole reason 360 sold as much as it did today

Given how PS3 is cheaper yet slightly more powerful, I wouldn't say thats a risk at all......just a run-of-the-mill design choice.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.