By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why Forza Motorsport 5 has fewer cars and tracks than Forza 4

selnor1983 said:
DerNebel said:
selnor1983 said:
Either GT7 will take 20 years to make, or GT7 will have the same.

Glad we don't have 360 cars incuded. That would suck.

The game is rushed to make the console release, period. That GT7 comparison reeks of nothing but desperation.

Really?

GT is a series that uses last generation assests in a game that it looks so out of place on its stupid.

I commend Turn 10 for not cheaping my game with 360 assets.

I hardly think you need to tell us that you think GT games are stupid.

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:
DerNebel said:
selnor1983 said:

The game is rushed to make the console release, period. That GT7 comparison reeks of nothing but desperation.

Really?

GT is a series that uses last generation assests in a game that it looks so out of place on its stupid.

You commend Turn 10 for taking out 300 cars and 50% of the tracks? 

Do you seriously not believe the game was rushed, do you think it was a design decision from the developer to ship the game with that much less content? You think it had nothing to do with time constraint? The game won't be what Turn 10 wants it to be when it releases and if you'd take a step back and think about the situation you'd realize that.

Also stop this GT bullshit, I don't even want to understand how this in your mind makes this whole situation any better. Fact is the GT that releases this december actually adds cars and tracks to its roster instead of taking them out to meet a console release.

Selnor is at it again))

He would justify even if Forza 5 had 5 tracks. Answer would be - "look at the CGI (a.k.a "ingame footage") that Turn 10 feed us.

I remember launch trailer with Forza 2. Where they show your wheels break loose, tires deforming, all in glorious graphics. Total BS after that in game itself. With HD version of Forza 1 visuals.

Oh, and having a lot more additional cars to choose from, but with worse graphics or not having that choice at all? I'll always choose first options. It's race sim, not contest of which cars is more detailed. And those low-pol cars have better physics than Forzas 4 or 5(as it seems in videos) exclusive over-saturated-beasts.

Inb4 quality over quantity :^)

DerNebel said:
selnor1983 said:
DerNebel said:
selnor1983 said:

Really?

You commend Turn 10 for taking out 300 cars and 50% of the tracks? 

Do you seriously not believe the game was rushed, do you think it was a design decision from the developer to ship the game with that much less content? You think it had nothing to do with time constraint? The game won't be what Turn 10 wants it to be when it releases and if you'd take a step back and think about the situation you'd realize that.

Also stop this GT bullshit, I don't even want to understand how this in your mind makes this whole situation any better. Fact is the GT that releases this december actually adds cars and tracks to its roster instead of taking them out to meet a console release.

To be fair there is a difference between rushed, and time constrained for launch. You can rush something regardless of time constraints and the results will show it. You can have a deadline for launch and still plan accordingly and have everything in your game be high quality. I am sure the two of you agree the game had a set deadline and there was only so much they could do, but that's true of any game. I don't think Forza 5 was "rushed", that just sounds bad.

Also selnor I agree wholeheartedly about the last gen assets. I adore Gran Turismo more than Forza,  but could not play GT5 long because of the jarring difference in visual quality in some of the content. I really hope PD takes their time with GT7 and we don't see any high res PS3 assets in the game next to amazing next gen stuff.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
selnor1983 said:

Its not been rushed. A handful of people helped on Horizon. The other 130 employees started work on Forza 5 2 years ago. They have been involved with Xbox One from day 1. I think its really bad to have older build models in a game like GT5. Its pretty crap actually. Looks terrible and should be taken out.

Cars and tracks will need more detail in this new generation. Id rather have the game now and download more later. Or end up with Gran Turismo scenario. Prologue, special edition, Bog log etc.

Game looks and plays so much better than current gen

If it hasnt been rushed then why do we only have 14(!) tracks at launch? For a racing sim thats terrible selnor. You know it and I know it. Especially when 2 of said tracks are airstrip test tracks. 2 Years quite clearly wasnt/isnt long enough.

Its a shell of the game it should be. Its been rushed for launch where it should have had an extra Year. Hell, the game is unplayable without the day 1 patch.

And stop trying to deflect by using Gran Turismo.

"Forza 5 only has 14 tracks and 200 cars" - "Yeah but Gran Turismo...!"... No.

I dont care how bad Gran Turismo is. Stop telling me GTs bad points. That stinks of desperation. The problem here is that they care far, far too much about the visuals and theyre shipping half a game.

Agreed. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the fact that they're focusing so much on visuals and I'm actually mostly OK with the 200+ cars (wish there were more, but I can deal with 200+) but the 14 tracks is almost criminal for a full racing sim these days IMO. Add to that a lack of weather or nightime racing and it's pretty obvious they could have used some more development time.

What I wish they would have done is make a prologue with about 50 cars and 8 or so tracks for $30-40 and use an extra year to get closer to 400 cars, 30 tracks, and added in the weather and nightime racing.

I still plan on getting the game and I know I'll love it. I just think it's missing out on so much potential that it could have had.

Jazz2K said:
Microsoft has Midtown Madness, Project Gotham and Rallisports Challenge waiting to be produced... I think they should revive those two franchises then they'd have the best racing lineup. One Forza every two year is great but every three year with other franchises in the mix would be better.

They should, but won't becuse they haven't got a fucking clue what gamers want.

Carl2291 said:
selnor1983 said:

Its not been rushed. A handful of people helped on Horizon. The other 130 employees started work on Forza 5 2 years ago. They have been involved with Xbox One from day 1. I think its really bad to have older build models in a game like GT5. Its pretty crap actually. Looks terrible and should be taken out.

Cars and tracks will need more detail in this new generation. Id rather have the game now and download more later. Or end up with Gran Turismo scenario. Prologue, special edition, Bog log etc.

Game looks and plays so much better than current gen

If it hasnt been rushed then why do we only have 14(!) tracks at launch? For a racing sim thats terrible selnor. You know it and I know it. Especially when 2 of said tracks are airstrip test tracks. 2 Years quite clearly wasnt/isnt long enough.

Its a shell of the game it should be. Its been rushed for launch where it should have had an extra Year. Hell, the game is unplayable without the day 1 patch.

And stop trying to deflect by using Gran Turismo.

"Forza 5 only has 14 tracks and 200 cars" - "Yeah but Gran Turismo...!"... No.

I dont care how bad Gran Turismo is. Stop telling me GTs bad points. That stinks of desperation. The problem here is that they care far, far too much about the visuals and theyre shipping half a game.

Oh come on now GT has done much worse then this before with GT5: Prolouge.  People where also complaing that Forza Horizon only launched with 136 car but they fail to realize thats more then twice as many cars then most other arcade racers have.  Its main rival Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2012) only launched with 63 cars.

Nsanity said:
Jazz2K said:
Microsoft has Midtown Madness, Project Gotham and Rallisports Challenge waiting to be produced... I think they should revive those two franchises then they'd have the best racing lineup. One Forza every two year is great but every three year with other franchises in the mix would be better.

They should, but won't becuse they haven't got a fucking clue what gamers want.

Well look at the sales of some of those games obivouly most gamers didn't want a lot of those games either.

Chris Hu said:

Oh come on now GT has done much worse then this before with GT5: Prolouge.  People where also complaing that Forza Horizon only launched with 136 car but they fail to realize thats more then twice as many cars then most other arcade racers have.  Its main rival Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2012) only launched with 63 cars.

The difference with Prologue and Forza 5 are quite clear. Prologue is just as its name says, a prologue... And it launched at $40 instead of $60.

Now, if this game released as something similar to a prologue like we see with GT then it would be totally understandable that so much content would be missing. Forza 5: Introduction or whatever they could have done would have been more than enough for the usual launch racing game. yo_john117's idea is pretty good. 50 cars or so with ~8 tracks and online racing, with some bonuses for when Forza 5 actually releases late 2014.

The people saying there wasnt enough cars in Forza Horizon were being idiots.