By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why Forza Motorsport 5 has fewer cars and tracks than Forza 4

Only 14 tracks ??????? I like racing games but I wouldn't buy a modern racing game with only that number of tracks.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
fatslob-:O said:
Even though I don't play racing sims 14 tracks sounds pretty awful content wise. Oh Turn 10 what could your excuse be this time ?

Laser scannig but that only work for the real tracks all the fanasty tracks from 4 should have made the final cut, but its not that big of a loose since I got tired of most of those tracks anyway the only that I will miss is Fujimi Kaido.

Nonetheless you do agree that forza 5 is lacking in content though, right ?

Chris Hu said:
Even though I don't play racing sims 14 tracks sounds pretty awful content wise. Oh Turn 10 what could your excuse be this time ?

Laser scannig but that only work for the real tracks all the fanasty tracks from 4 should have made the final cut, but its not that big of a loose since I got tired of most of those tracks anyway the only that I will miss is Fujimi Kaido.

Nonetheless you do agree that forza 5 is lacking in content though, right ?

Lacking cars and tracks yes, lacking content nobody knows yet but I doubt they would attach 3,000 Forza Rewards point to the game if it didn't have a lot of content overall.

Here's hoping that the Event Mode hasn't also been cut in half.

Because it's a launch game.

Around the Network

I'm ok with less cares since 99% of people use 1% of the cares. Not saying half is better, but it's certainly not the worst thing ever.

Really wished it had more tracks though :(

jamesmarkus87 said:

Doubt it the career mode is broken down into eight different segments but with only 14 tracks it will get repetative a lot sooner. 

Even though I'm not getting this game since I'm not planning to get an Xbox One right now, I would be completely okay with this, versus GT5/6 featuring 4/5 low poly GT3/4 cars which were obvious quantity over quality I think.

Quality over quantity all day for me, this is the right choice.

Yep.

14 tracks, of which 2 are test tracks and no Ring or Suzuka...

Forza 5 was still tugging at me a little bit to get the XB1 sooner rather then later, that last bit is gone too now. I'll play Project spark on pc, and drive Spa etc. at dusk in the rain in GT6.

Chris Hu said:
jamesmarkus87 said:

Doubt it the career mode is broken down into eight different segments but with only 14 tracks it will get repetative a lot sooner. 

Admittedly, the repetitiveness of Forza Motorsport 4's Event Mode has never bothered me. I've been playing it consistently since I bought the game early last year. I'm perfectly fine with Forza Motorsport 5's Event Mode taking even longer to finish.

Truth be told, the thing that pisses me off the most about all of this is that they've gotten rid of Maple Valley, one of my favourite tracks. I wish they'd gotten rid of that stupid Top Gear Test Track instead.