By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why Forza Motorsport 5 has fewer cars and tracks than Forza 4

Duplicate.

Around the Network

The game was rushed to meet the deadline or Microsoft removed content from the game to sell at a later date,

When are critics going to start reviewing this game?

jamesmarkus87 said:

You could try tweeting IGN or asking on Reddit.

jamesmarkus87 said:

The rumored NDA is 12th for the Xbox One games... I know CoD and others Multiplataforms reviews will be out that day... Forza is first-party but I think you won't see reviews before 12th.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
jamesmarkus87 said:

The rumored NDA is 12th for the Xbox One games... I know CoD and others Multiplataforms reviews will be out that day... Forza is first-party but I think you won't see reviews before 12th.

Thank you for telling me. I've been planning on investing a lot of money into FM5, and I'd like to know before November 22 if it's worth it. And if it's not, I can cancel my FM5 Day One Limited Edition pre-order before it ships.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

In other words they had to rush the game to meet launch and couldn't have as much content as they wanted on disc.  

Stop making sense but yes they chose to cut features and rush the game out hoping name sake will sell the game whereas Sony could not do that with Drive Club a new IP.

Nsanity said:
The game was rushed to meet the deadline or Microsoft removed content from the game to sell at a later date,

Damn. Kudos for accepting that unlike some others.

cmeese47 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

In other words they had to rush the game to meet launch and couldn't have as much content as they wanted on disc.  

Stop making sense but yes they chose to cut features and rush the game out hoping name sake will sell the game whereas Sony could not do that with Drive Club a new IP.

They couldn't do that with #DriveClub because the game was nowhere near being complete when they first showed it was like only about 30% complete I'm not sure if that is the exact number but its somewhere in that range.  They worked on FM5 for over 2 years so it was always ahead of #DriveClub in terms of percentage of completion.  The majority of cars where cut due to the fact that every car now includes AutoVista mode and the track reduction is mostly due to the fact that all the real tracks are now laser scanned which takes a lot more time.

jamesmarkus87 said:
ethomaz said:
jamesmarkus87 said:

Thank you for telling me. I've been planning on investing a lot of money into FM5, and I'd like to know before November 22 if it's worth it. And if it's not, I can cancel my FM5 Day One Limited Edition pre-order before it ships.

I plan on buying the Limited Edition of the game but I might pass since it will make the game too easy since it will come with enough tokens to buy all the cars from the begining.   Also I will only buy the Limited Edition if it still available at the regualar retail price by the time I get a X1 which will be February or later of next year.