By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - You are now THE President of NINTENDO, what now?

This. Pretty much this.

http://youtu.be/t_4A_uClLSU

Around the Network

1. Market the @#!*% out of 3D World.
2. Make sure games of the caliber of 3D World (like the next Zelda or a AAA Metroid) are in the pipeline, and if not make serious changes within the company.
3. Reiterate the vision of high-caliber games, reiterate, reiterate, reiterate.
4. Branch off into new segments like smartphones and edutainment.
5. Look into branching off into getting exclusive rights to certain music segments in line with Nintendo's audience (Bieber, Miley Cirus).
6. Improve the online store to allow content to be played across multiple platforms at the cost of 1 game.
7. Lower game prices immediately.

attaboy said:
Anfebious said:
With my infinte knowledge I got from my high school education I would command the company to victory. I would make the Wii U make a big comeback! A new golden era for Nintendo! I would dress in pimp clothes too.

Darn right.  I also know what the Chicago Bulls need to do to win the NBA Championship, what the government needs to do to end the national debt (Bake sale!), and how to solve the energy crisis.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm late for work.  I'm learning how to fry french fries today.

You guys are awesome for those comments haha. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway I would 
Fire Aonuma 
Fire Miyamoto
Fire Iwata (Again since I took his position)

Send spies to my competition to get the secrect fomula 
Copy them then make awesome games that are better then anything out there.
Have my spies purposly give them bad advice and have my competitors follow them. (Silly things like make consumers pay for online)
Buy off their talented developers 
My last thing I would do (since I would be kicked out by the japanesse goverment since they do not want non-japanesse running japanesse companies)
would be to move Nintendo's headquaters to the United States

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

killeryoshis said:
attaboy said:
Anfebious said:
With my infinte knowledge I got from my high school education I would command the company to victory. I would make the Wii U make a big comeback! A new golden era for Nintendo! I would dress in pimp clothes too.

Darn right.  I also know what the Chicago Bulls need to do to win the NBA Championship, what the government needs to do to end the national debt (Bake sale!), and how to solve the energy crisis.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm late for work.  I'm learning how to fry french fries today.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway I would 
Fire Aonuma 
Fire Miyamoto
Fire Iwata
(Again since I took his position)

Have my spies purposly give them bad advice and have my competitors follow them. (Silly things like make consumers pay for online)
My last thing I would do (since I would be kicked out by the japanesse goverment since they do not want non-japanesse running japanesse companies)

I honestly think that would be a bad idea (whether or not you're joking).  You can't deny the things they have done for Nintendo.  At most, I would give them a different position.

Alright troops! Our mission is to maximize revenue without damaging future value! That means making the Wii U and 3DS sell as much as possible and preparing for a strong next generation.

First off, everybody in a major position of power will be forced to read articles about why Nintendo should go 3rd party. Then, make them explain why the arguments in these articles are stupid. Anybody who agrees with said articles shall be decapitated.

Next, we'll talk about appeasing 3rd parties. Or rather, why we shouldn't try to. The NES, Game Boy, and Wii didn't succeed because of 3rd party support. Relying on 3rd parties is something lame gaming companies do. We won't go out of our way to alienate them, but it's okay to sell a bit less hardware and have some less support if that means a lot more Nintendo games are sold. We aren't in this to sell the most hardware; we actually have to make money for a living.

• Advertise the hel out of the Wii U. Portray it as a new system with new unique games, a cheaper alternative to the PS4/One, and emphasize the GamePad. The GamePad might not have been a great idea after all, but if it's going to raise the system's price dramatically ala Kinect 2.0, we're going to make it a major feature! Advertisments should show off the GamePad, while emphasizing how it is PART of a NEW system. Perhaps a new logo is in order, like "The System for U!" Call it corny, but at least that distinguishes it from the original Wii.
  • The 3D Mario, Zelda, and Mario Party teams are just starting up new projects. Make the 3D team make a 3D Land 2. Tell them that it should be the Super Mario World to 3D Land's Bros 3, not its Super Mario Galaxy 2. In other words, a true successor, rather than a map pack ala NSMB2. THat should be finished by late 2014 preferably, but Holiday 2015 is understanable. Meanwhile, also begin work on the next 3D Mario for consoles. It could be 3D World 2, Galaxy 3, or anything else. The point is, both the 3DS and Wii U should get a second 3D Mario.
  • The Zelda team should help Grezzo get a Majora's Mask remake ready in time for Holiday 2014, but its main goal should be the next console Zelda. Holiday 2014 would be nice, but 2015 is more likely. The game should be a spiritual successor of A Link Between Worlds, borrowing the new mechanics people enjoy from that environment and applying it to a fully 3D game. Include some form of online funtionality, even if it only is a strong Miiverse tie-in.
  • Nd Cube is done with the 3DS. Get them started on mario Party games for the Wii U. They should be cheap, easy money, like in the GameCube days. I expect at least two Mario Party games from them for the Wii U.

• Retro is a great studio, but seems to flourish from choices. Metroid should be offered as an option, but also suggest other options. Perhaps a new Kid Icarus: Uprising game for Wii U? It could be the 3D World to Uprising's 3D Land, and get made with cooperation from Sakurai. Personally, I think a more family friendly shooter with great depth and multiplayer would be a great thing for the Wii U. And on the Wii U, the superior controls could make for an even deeper game.
  • The Mario Kart team should split in two. One small part should start working on the next Nintendo handheld's iteration, MK9. The majority, however, have a choice, They can either make a Nintendogs title for the Wii U, or work on a new series. Perhaps they'll be the ones to make Miyamoto's mythical new IP?
  • Sakurai and co. have several options. Sora should get started on the new Smash Bros as soon as the next-gen hardware starts being made, with SSB5 hopefully being a launch title for at least one of Nintendo's 9th gen systems. However, it's too soon for full development. This is another reason why Kid Icarus on the Wi U would be a good idea; it'd give Sakurai something to do. As a third option, make a new Kirby game, for Wii U.
  • After Bayonetta 2 comes out, try to politely end any exclusivity contracts with Platinum. If The Wonderful 101 is any indicator, their games simply don't sell software or hardware.
  • Although Mario Kart and Smash Bros should be the marketing focus of the year, make X at least the third most promoted game, even ahead of Donkey Kong. Nintendo could use a new popular "hardcore" franchise, and this looks like a safe bet. If it pays off, it'd be like having Skyrim as an exclusive, at least critically. Worst case scenario, it does as well as Xenoblade.
  • You may have noticed that the 3DS has scarcely been mentioned so far. That's for a good reason. The already announced support should serve the system well enough for 2014, considering the strong 2013.
  • Work on the account system. Unify digital purchases whenever possible, and introduce crossplay for at least one game, perhaps that Free-to-Play Steel Diver.

• Zelda should be the focus this year for the Wii U, along with any games delayed from 2014. Bundle it, advertise it, release an album with its music a month in advance, do what it takes to erase the relative lowpoint that was Skyward Sword! Zelda is too valuable to fade into irrelevance.
  • Remeber Intelligent Systems? Their next Paper Mario should be due by now. Make it for the WIi U! Likewise, try to get Luigi's Mansion 3, Wii Fit U Plus, and other sequels to recent games this year. 2015 should be for the Wii U like 2010 was to the Wii.
  • The 3DS needs another round of momentum. This calls for the second 3D Mario and Pokamon Z or Gen 3 remakes. Those alone can sell enough systems for the year. Also, consider releasing the fourth model of 3DS this year, if it's ready. If not, next year. Said new model should mostly focus on battery life, extra memory for multitasking, and maybe improved 3D effects. A DSi-like leap is unnecessary.

• Release the successors to the 3DS and Wii U.

I have more ideas, but they're stupid.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

I'll start off by giving away a million free Wii U consoles.

MDMAlliance said:
killeryoshis said:
attaboy said:
Anfebious said:

Anyway I would 
Fire Aonuma 
Fire Miyamoto
Fire Iwata
(Again since I took his position)

I honestly think that would be a bad idea (whether or not you're joking).  You can't deny the things they have done for Nintendo.  At most, I would give them a different position.

I'm actually  joking but I don't like any of Aonuma's Zelda games so thst one I am not. The other two I would put them in line >:(

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Walk in, look around, shrug my shoulders, quit, walk back out.

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

Soundwave said:

If I had to give a presentation to Iwata/Reggie/etc. it would be this: 

- Make a deal with EON Productions, purchase the rights to any 007 FPS game for the next 10 years. Also sign an agreement to use Daniel Craig in marketing promotions as James Bond. Establish a UK studio immediately with high end talent to starting working on a Bond shooter for the Wii U and another Bond game for 3DS, to be marketed and sold by Nintendo. Bond is the epitome of cool and already associated with Nintendo in the past, is violent, but parents tend to laugh it off since Bond is something they grew up with also. Win win win. 

- Hire model Kate Upton to be the new face of all other Wii U marketing campaigns. They will be sexy and fun from now on, not chilidsh like before and not dude bros-ey like Microsoft and Sony. Hire writers from Saturday Night Live to write them. Wii U will be the "cool" console from now on, reframe the PS/XBox for dorky "dudebros", men who sit at home and can't get a date, the same way Apple successfully rebranded Windows users as nerds.

- Relaunch the Wii U in 2014, redesign the casing, use a 28nm chip, smaller, cooler, silver casing. Thinner, sleeker controller.

- Don't bail on Platinum Games, stay loyal to your partners even if things are tough right now. Market Bayonetta 2 strongly and greenlight Bayonetta 3. Build an audience for it over time. Let Platinum work on Star Fox or Kid Icarus.

- Bring some EAD Tokyo staff to the Zelda team. Franchise needs a shake up, the next Zelda game must be the best 3D Zelda and it must be fresh like Mario Galaxy was coming off of Mario Sunshine. If it's not, ship Aonuma's butt off to other projects, he's dragging the franchise down. Zelda needs to be great, not just good.

- Quietly begin working on a minimal R&D higher spec console than the PS4/720 (both of which IMO are underwhelming). Something that is basically a higher end AMD GPU for 2015 or so. If Wii U recovers just like it simmer behind the scenes for a couple of years, if it GameCubes or worse, then at least you have a fall back.
DO NOT shift dev resources for games just yet (I will explain why if anyone wants to know).

- Study the success of Marvel Comics/Disney. THAT is what is actually "family friendly" today that everyone in the family loves no matter if they're a 8 year old kid or a 40 year old dad. Not Mickey Mouse. Make new franchises that hit that "sweet spot" of being able to appeal to kids, while still having strong appeal to adults. Avengers, X-Men, Spider-Man, Lord of the Rings, Batman, Star Wars, heck even Harry Potter is darker than most Nintendo IP, but still have legions of kid fans. Emulate that. You need edgier franchises, but not necessarily hyper violent IP like Grand Theft Auto (which doesn't mesh with the Mario image at all).

As a fan of Bond and Upton, I love your ideas. Especially the marketing image actually. So why no shift development resources?

Based on the thread, I think there are some good ideas, I'd add to mine

1.) Hiring Warren Spector to work at Retro (heading up a second team?) and/or becoming the new head of NOA and overseeing software development. Aielyn mentioned that, I think that's a good idea. Retro should have two fully staffed teams.

2.) I would immediately go scour some of the mid-to-large Western studios that want to work with Nintendo, ask them for pitches, and greenlight 2-3 of the best ones. I wouldn't necessarily buy the studios though ... that can be expensive.

3.) I'd mandate Aonuma's team that the next Zelda be the most grand and well crafted Zelda game ever made -- however I would add the mandate that it needs to be of the darker, more realistic OoT/TP style ... fact is, those titles simply sell better, a great Zelda game doesn't do anyone a lot of good if only 2-3 million people play it, need to get 5-7 million consumers.

4.) I'd buy the rights to the Bond franchise from EON productions (suck it Sony) and start making Wii U and 3DS games based around the character immediately.

5.) I'd look into an official partnership with Google to develop an Android based gaming tablet, with a heavily customized OS to suit Nintendo's needs.

6.) Enough of the small time Japanese collaborations, the Wii U needs something that will sell consoles. I go to Square-Enix and make this pitch ... we will work with you on a Nintendo + Final Fantasy + Dragon Quest crossover RPG, a franchise that could potentially have sales that eclipse the mainline FF and DQ series' themselves (sit down Kingdom Hearts). We'll split the profits 50/50. But in order for you to get this franchise we want Final Fantasy VI and VII Remakes on 3DS and Wii U. Exclusive. And a Chrono game (remake or sequel) for both systems as well. That's the deal, take it or leave it.

7.) For small budget indie game titles I'd go out and look for the 5-6 most promising looking ones with an emphasis on finding content that is REALLY unique and unusual for Nintendo platforms, and I'd buy the rights to those games and finance their development. This ensures 100% exclusivity and also franchising rights to those games in case of them takes off and becomes the next Angry Birds or something.

8.) I'd maybe look into partnerships with some Japanese companies to bring back some older IP, like Megaman, Castlevania, Contra, Ridge Racer, Shenmue, Daytona USA, etc. I'd offer to cover 40% of the development costs of these games + a drop in licensing fees + some marketing in exchange for exclusivity.