By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VD-Dev "pushing the 3DS to its limits"

This is either blatant trolling or a sad case of ignorance.
There are no other options.

I reviewed C.O.P. back when it came out. Very ambitious for such a small development studio. I'd love to see what they do with the 3DS.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:

Like I had already said the 3Ds was more powerful but I won't go around trying to 1-up it's graphics situation since it's really not that impressive. BTW alot of the 3DS games post launch was not able to achieve any sort of of notable boost in graphics without sacrificing something. Revelations had to downgrade draw distance in order to achieve detail and while it may look good it failed to excel in every part of the technical aspects.

@underlined. Do you have a source for that?

Let me ask you this. Just IMAGINE what Sony could pull off with the 3DS. Did I blow your mind yet?

happydolphin said:

Like I had already said the 3Ds was more powerful but I won't go around trying to 1-up it's graphics situation since it's really not that impressive. BTW alot of the 3DS games post launch was not able to achieve any sort of of notable boost in graphics without sacrificing something. Revelations had to downgrade draw distance in order to achieve detail and while it may look good it failed to excel in every part of the technical aspects.

@underlined. Do you have a source for that?

Yeah I do and most the game is mainly corridors so hows that for limiting draw distance.

@Edit: no because sony is limited duh. 

Mnementh said:

You moving the goalposts. You were saying:

"because of the fact that nintendo made 3D a mandatory implimentation to the system that isn't even twice as powerful as the PSP was"

I was referring to the part, that Nintendo made 3D mandatory, that is clearly not the case. Devs choose to use that feature mostly. Now you also speak about 'mostly': "almost every game uses the 3D effect to diminish it's power"

So you basically admit that you was wrong and I was right without really saying it to leave the impression you were rigth all along. No, you made stuff up.

That still doesn't make me wrong that almost every developer will impliment it and BTW snake eater 3D was runing at a choopy 20fps compared to the more smoother 30fps of the PS2 version. It won't matter whether it was "mostly" or "mandatory" since every AAA developer has being using it so you can forget about trying to use the arguement against me. 

So, in the world of fatslob the words "mandatory" and "mostly" are interchangeable. So, what's the use discussing with you. So if I say all people have white skin color I'm right in your interpretation, because in my area the people mostly have white skin. By the way, PCs cannot play current games without major frame drops (as clearly mostly this is true for PCs), so you're clearly wrong if you say you have the better experience on PC.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Yeah I do and most the game is mainly corridors so hows that for limiting draw distance.

How do you know that's not a design choice rather than a limitation? It was ported to the PSWii60U, are they also struggling with draw distance?

Correlation versus causation.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Mnementh said:

You moving the goalposts. You were saying:

"because of the fact that nintendo made 3D a mandatory implimentation to the system that isn't even twice as powerful as the PSP was"

I was referring to the part, that Nintendo made 3D mandatory, that is clearly not the case. Devs choose to use that feature mostly. Now you also speak about 'mostly': "almost every game uses the 3D effect to diminish it's power"

So you basically admit that you was wrong and I was right without really saying it to leave the impression you were rigth all along. No, you made stuff up.

That still doesn't make me wrong that almost every developer will impliment it and BTW snake eater 3D was runing at a choopy 20fps compared to the more smoother 30fps of the PS2 version. It won't matter whether it was "mostly" or "mandatory" since every AAA developer has being using it so you can forget about trying to use the arguement against me. 

So, in the world of fatslob the words "mandatory" and "mostly" are interchangeable. So, what's the use discussing with you. So if I say all people have white skin color I'm right in your interpretation, because in my area the people mostly have white skin. By the way, PCs cannot play current games without major frame drops (as clearly mostly this is true for PCs), so you're clearly wrong if you say you have the better experience on PC.

No but why bother when each and every game will use 3D. See what I did there. BTW don't associate me with those of lower PC's please.

happydolphin said:

How do you know that's not a design choice rather than a limitation? It was ported to the PSWii60U, are they also struggling with draw distance?

It's both. ;)

That's cause the game is mostly in dark rooms and thus it would be more representitive to use a darker room rather than a lit up room to show some consistency.

The thread is about the limits of 3DS and you think the parts of a game that are not pushing the limits as much as other parts are more representative? Wow, just wow, you really are my hero. You should call yourself "Illogical man - takes revenge on all the smartasses" or something like that.

Well, you should better drop it and go playing some superior PC-games.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

happydolphin said:

It's both. ;)

How do you know ;) Do you have a link to an interview that says so? Alternatively, how do you know they weren't able to find a workaround and didn't just use the path of least resistance?

happydolphin said:
happydolphin said:

It's both. ;)

How do you know ;) Do you have a link to an interview that says so? Alternatively, how do you know they weren't able to find a workaround and didn't just use the path of least resistance?

How do I know it wasn't able to do a work around ?

How about those dropped frames ? ;)