By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VD-Dev "pushing the 3DS to its limits"

Mnementh said:
fatslob-:O said:

That's cause the game is mostly in dark rooms and thus it would be more representitive to use a darker room rather than a lit up room to show some consistency.

The thread is about the limits of 3DS and you think the parts of a game that are not pushing the limits as much as other parts are more representative? Wow, just wow, you really are my hero. You should call yourself "Illogical man - takes revenge on all the smartasses" or something like that.

Well, you should better drop it and go playing some superior PC-games.

The fact that the darker rooms just so happen to have better textures sometimes like this.

See how much better the walls are in this shot than the lit room. 

Around the Network

How do I know it wasn't able to do a work around ?

How about those dropped frames ? ;)

How about Madden and Ridge Racer pushing the 3DS to the limits?

Do you mind explaining those?  Because I'd really love to hear how you surmise that.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:

How about Madden and Ridge Racer pushing the 3DS to the limits?

Do you mind explaining those?  Because I'd really love to hear how you surmise that.

How about better draw distances ? ;)

There are dropped frames in PS3 games. Does it lack draw distance? And my question remains, if possibly Capcom didn't find a workaround, then wouldn't that mean that the 3DS wasn't maxed out?

happydolphin said:

There are dropped frames in PS3 games. Does it lack draw distance? And my question remains, if possibly Capcom didn't find a workaround, then wouldn't that mean that the 3DS wasn't maxed out?

Why don't you go and ponder about performance vs graphics. To get better graphics you have to sacrifice performance and vice versa.

Around the Network

Why don't you go and ponder about performance vs graphics. To get better graphics you have to sacrifice performance and vice versa.

You didn't answer my question though. You brought up dropped frames on the 3DS as proof of its lack of a workaround and ability to draw distances easily. I brought up cases on the PS3, what about then?

My point was to say that your argument proves little, since we know that on the PS3 there are cases of dropped frames, but none prove that the PS3 lacks the ability to draw distances.

happydolphin said:

You didn't answer my question though. You brought up dropped frames on the 3DS as proof of its lack of a workaround and ability to draw distances easily. I brought up cases on the PS3, what about then?

My point was to say that your argument proves little, since we know that on the PS3 there are cases of dropped frames, but none prove that the PS3 lacks the ability to draw distances.

The PS3 has pushed all of it's limits, period. Therefore the PS3 does not have a work around for it's bad performance. I don't understand what your going about on that second statment. Why don't you make it clearer.

The PS3 has pushed all of it's limits, period. Therefore the PS3 does not have a work around for it's bad performance. I don't understand what your going about on that second statment.

Think for a second. If the 3DS dropped frames, and the PS3 did, yet the PS3 still is considered good in your eyes, then what makes the PS3 different? Since both drop frames, was that not your argument, that the 3DS was dropping frames?

I'm just trying to follow your logic.

VD-Dev made a better GTA on the DS than the GTA creators themselves.

happydolphin said:

The PS3 has pushed all of it's limits, period. Therefore the PS3 does not have a work around for it's bad performance. I don't understand what your going about on that second statment.

Think for a second. If the 3DS dropped frames, and the PS3 did, yet the PS3 still is considered good in your eyes, then what makes the PS3 different? Since both drop frames, was that not your argument, that the 3DS was dropping frames?

I'm just trying to follow your logic.

Once again if your trying to bait me I'm a PC gamer primarily so that won't work and it's there to warn you of assumptions about what someone prefers. Simple as what I said last time, then the PS3 has bad performance, period, no questions about whether it looks good or not, it just runs badly and that's how I see it. I'll ask you once again to ponder about what performance vs graphics means.