By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does the Wii U have more better graphics then the PS4?

Can developers make way more better looking graphics on the Wii U, then the PS4 (after you read the OP) ?

Yes 680 35.70%

No 818 42.94%

See results 396 20.79%

Total:1,894

I would go as far as say that most Saturn games looked better than anything the PS4 has in line for at least 3 years. Only Shadow Fall has the looks that can rival Donkey Kong on the GBA

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Obviously the Wii U is stronger just from the fact it has more 1080p/60fps gaems then the "next gen" consoles.

Proof? just look below. This obviously means Wii U is the stronger console FACT, those supposedly next gen consoles cant even run in 1080p/60fps lul

Wind Waker HD: 1080p/60fps
bayonetta: 1080p/60fps

vs

Killzone SF: 1080p/30fps
Ryse: 900p/30fps

Wii U better confirmed.

I thought this topic would be a joke.

I thought this topic HAD to be a joke.

I think maybe it's a joke.

attaboy said:
I can confirm that Wind Waker HD looks better than any PS4 or Xbox One title currently on the market.

i see what you did there! lol

The OP, I just skimmed it but it looks like it has delusions that put misterxmedia to shame...

Here's facts compared to X1 (the supposed lesser next gen console)

Now first keep in mind investigation has revealed Wii U has either 160 shaders or 320. I'd say odds are like 90% it's only 160 shaders. We will use 160 shaders in the following comparison, but even if you double the shaders/FLOPS Wii U is still sorely deficient.

Wii U has 1GB game RAM @12.6 GB/s main bandwidth vs X1 5GB @ 68 GB/s.

Wii U has 176 GFLOPs (160 shaders at 550 mhz) versus 1.3 teraflops (768 shaders at 853 mhz).

Wii U GPU has an older architecture, it's shaders/FLOPS are less efficient.

Wii U's CPU is by all accounts a simple update to the ancient Wii CPU. Tri-core, 1.2 ghz, and incredibly tiny. X1's is 8 core, 1.75 ghz, and comparably large and beefy.

Both have 32MB of high speed cache, but X1's is much more versatile.

IIRC, WII U's die sizes are around 33mm CPU+ 156mm GPU (189 mm total) on 45 or 55nm (unknown). X1's is 363 mm on state of the art 28nm. Remember you can usually double size for each node up, so X1 on 45nm would be 2X363=726mm comparably. Bigger if 55nm. That's also assuming 45nm is one node up from 28, but I cant actually remember it may be more and it may vary by fab, actual difference could be greater.

X1 additionally has powerful audio hardware.

Anyways that's just a quick rundown...

All that said, Mario World 3D looks pretty good...IMO it's very similar to how Mario Galaxy looked fine even next to PS360 games last gen. But Wii U trying to do a realistic game like BF4, is where it will really struggle.

Around the Network

20 people said yes? Dear God. I really hope that those that voted yes don't struggle with life and it's realities in the same way.

The PS5 Exists. 

Well the OP was hard to read, but some things made sense, the WiiU is a capable console, much more so than many give it credit for. Is it better than the PS4... well we really have nothing to compare it to since the thing is not out yet. PS4 launch games are likely to be not the best representation of what it is capable of any more than a lot of the halfassed WiiU launch titles were.

Having owned the WiiU since launch day, the console has really improved in performance since day one and day one it was pretty decent for a cheap console. They are very different approaches to consoles give the new guys a chance to build a library of decent games and some time for developers to adapt and then lets have this discussion. I suspect in time the next gen HD twins will be better, but not by as much as last time, but that is pure conjecture on my part since I am not privy to the NDA protected info, nor an expert in these systems.

Can you trust the opinion of developers, only to a certain extent, they are experts at least on the consoles they regularly work with. However game companies, like EA for example, also have a corporate political agenda that is often based on exclusivity deals that amount to who is paying us to talk nice about them. Further more developers who are used to a certain target platform and tool set are not always the best judge of the potential of something new. It is human nature to balk at change.

So many threads on this gen are far too early. Wild sales predictions, magical secret sauce, prognostications about performance, this or that is dooming one console or another, some guy on the net takes a look at a chip and claims divine inspirational knowledge of what it does through some frenloological hudu, and so on. Then you have flame wars by people who have never seen or played the consoles in question taking stances that are completely over the top and based on rumour, conjecture and misplaced loyalty.

End of rant... for now.

I like some entertainment in the morning keep em' coming Kaizar!

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Hm, seems RDF (reality distortion field) virus epidemic as of lately. Or some really good shit...

the poll asks about BETTER LOOKING, so the answer is yes. the wii was capable of better looking games than ps360 so of course wii u, wich is far closer to ps4/xone, can do the same. mario 3d world for example, looks better than anything shown on ps4/xone so far.