By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Elections in germany

IsawYoshi said:
walsufnir said:
IsawYoshi said:

Lol. I don't know too much about politics in Germany, but I suppose Grüne is some sort of Enviromental party? We have one of those in Norway, and I think it is the closest thing we have to communism in Norway XD. Not a fan.

We just had elections here in Norway, and a lot of the media says our new prime minister (Erna Solberg) is pretty similar to Angela Merkel.

Yes, environmental party with a lot of silly characters involved. Some supported pedophilia back in the 80's, some want more migrants because they want to get rid off Germans in some way, others are just complaining about everything, they have silly ideas like the "veggie day" and Ströbele feared a second WW2 in 2006 because people were proud of Germany and our team and celebrated on streets with Germany-flags. I don't get how anyone can vote for such people and ideas.

Yeah, I don't think they top Norways green party. Their goals was to make cars that run on fossile fuel illegal within 2015, and within 2020 they had a goal that Norway would stop producing oil, and start with clean power plants and such. And when people asked them how they could possibly think the Norwegian economy would be able exist at all without oil, they replied: "In germany the goverment have taken down plenty of Nuclear Plants in favor of cleaner plants. If they can do it, then we can."

Brilliant.

We took them down because of Fukushima! There was an accident in Japan and we take down nuclear power plants... Now we have a plan called "Energiewende" (change of energy) which will raise costs for power supply massively because we don't use nuclear power anymore. I mean, some ideas are of course nice but the thing is that *we* have to pay for this ideas! It is *our* money they use for their ideas.

But I see your green party is as crazy as ours.

And a big point I don't like with our crazy bunch of people is their anti-americanism.

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Mnementh said:
Kantor said:
The FDP align most closely with my views, so the scenario I'm hoping for is a CDU/FDP coalition like we have now, and that's looking precarious with recent poll numbers (especially with the FDP so low). Merkel and the CDU will almost certainly stay in power in some form, possibly with a grand coalition with the SPD. The Pirate Party probably won't even win seats, but it would be interesting to see what they'd do with them if they did.

Of course, Merkel doesn't really stand for anything domestic any more, so I doubt we'd see much of a change in policy there whichever coalition she chooses.

Note that I have obtained pretty much all of my knowledge of German politics from The Economist, so that may well be somewhat biased. And all of this ends up being much like supporting a football team because German politics don't really have any impact on Britain.

LOL, @ the football-team-comment, but that's mostly like it is for foreign countries.

FDP might be under 5%, that means they will get no seats. If they are above, they are considerably weaker than last time. Many people lost trust in them and mostly credit them all the bad stuff from the past 4 years. A grand coalition indeed is likely. Funny how in the advertisements SPD and CDU are fighting so much against each other and some days they may be in a coalition (again).

What is the bad stuff from the last four years? I only ever really hear good news coming out of Germany: low inflation, low unemployment, a more or less balanced budget. I figured that was why Merkel had surged so much.

1) No standard minium wage to the point of where it's argued the poor are getting poorer due to economic growth being the shittiest jobs.

2) Paying for the greek baillouts, having such an inclusive Europeon Union instead of kicking out countries like greece.

walsufnir said:
IsawYoshi said:
walsufnir said:

Yes, environmental party with a lot of silly characters involved. Some supported pedophilia back in the 80's, some want more migrants because they want to get rid off Germans in some way, others are just complaining about everything, they have silly ideas like the "veggie day" and Ströbele feared a second WW2 in 2006 because people were proud of Germany and our team and celebrated on streets with Germany-flags. I don't get how anyone can vote for such people and ideas.

Yeah, I don't think they top Norways green party. Their goals was to make cars that run on fossile fuel illegal within 2015, and within 2020 they had a goal that Norway would stop producing oil, and start with clean power plants and such. And when people asked them how they could possibly think the Norwegian economy would be able exist at all without oil, they replied: "In germany the goverment have taken down plenty of Nuclear Plants in favor of cleaner plants. If they can do it, then we can."

Brilliant.

We took them down because of Fukushima! There was an accident in Japan and we take down nuclear power plants... Now we have a plan called "Energiewende" (change of energy) which will raise costs for power supply massively because we don't use nuclear power anymore. I mean, some ideas are of course nice but the thing is that *we* have to pay for this ideas! It is *our* money they use for their ideas.

But I see your green party is as crazy as ours.

And a big point I don't like with our crazy bunch of people is their anti-americanism.

The thing is though, they were comparing the Nuclear Power Plant Industry in Germany to the Oil industy in Norway. I mean, we have hundreds of thousands of people working in the Oil business here in Norway (doesn't sound like a lot, but in percentages it is), not to mention all those that deliver ships and a lot of different stuff to the Oil sector. Norway is so dependent on oil. Germany isn't nearly as dependent on Nuclear power. Also, if Norway stopped selling oil, that would just mean that other contries would start selling more, and you would have no enviromental change at all. Gasses are distibuted over the world anyways, it's not like the Co2 we produce in Norway stays within our borders. 

You bring up a valid point about the anti-americanism. Our green party says that the hudreds of thousands working in the oil sector should be "helped" to find a new job working with clean energy. That's some communism right there. 

Some simple-minded, conservative views in this thread give me headaches.

okr said:

You are free to leave the thread so your head won't hurt anymore.

Around the Network
ArnoldRimmer said:
walsufnir said:

I had NPD on top, followed by AfD. Took number 2 ;)

Out of curiosity, did you compare your answers to all 28 parties?

That's something I really hate about Wahl-o-mat: Why are they artificially limiting how many parties you can compare your answers to, to as little as 8? Why does one have to select which parties you want to even see results for? How many people will actually repeat the test four times, just to get results for all parties? It's a completely artificial decision that hinders people getting aware of lesser known parties that might much better represent their own opinions.

No I didn't do this. Srsly I knew before what I would vote for and just checked again and I was glad AfD came out second, third CDU.

Mnementh said:
walsufnir said:

I think the questions and the answer-options are not good but it's the system itself that is broken. I am a very conservative person and so I answered the questions. And of course I didn't vote for NPD, they are a bunch of idiots. What I don't like is that in some topics you share the same thoughts everyone thinks you would vote for NPD. Good ideas from NPD are automatically bad ideas in Germany, this is ridiculous for a democracy.

Yeah, it's right. I think wahl-o-mat works bad for extremists like the NPD. It's not like they have a question like: Do you want to build concentration camps. And even if they would have such a question, I doubt the extremists would answer thruthfully.

Anyways, although I'm not conservative, I hope for the AfD to get over 5%. I think germany REALLY needs more political diversity. Also AfD supports referendums.

To me the established parties differentiate only in very few points. There is no party that is *really* different, besides Linke. I want to have a change in our "demokratur".

okr said:

Please don't attack others because of their political view. I want this thread as discussion about the election. it's probably inevitable, that it brings up different political views. To give the thread a bit less conservatism:

I cannot get how people still electing CDU/CSU. I think most attributepersonal wealth with their politics and personal freedom isn't that important for them. Because in my opinion currently the CDU is the biggest threat to personal freedom in germany: surveillance, "security is more important than freedom" opinions, restriction of internet (and gaming, games are called "Killer-Spiele" mostly from conservatives), reduction of influence of the people over political decision, "Hinterzimmer-Deals", big companies get in dubious ways money for big governmental projects and so on...

Funny also, that all valid criticism on the US is always calles "anti-americanism". We currently know the US and the Britains together spied on the world in a way, that makes look Stasi like kindergarden, but if we start to criticize it, we are in the same moment called "anti-american". Well yeah, we aren't allowed to criticize shit, at least if it comes from our big brother.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

SxyxS said:
UncleScrooge said:

well-in fact:guys like you are everywhere.Half the country got sheeped.

btw-i think even a guy like you should be able to google the official Bilderberg-list and to find statements of gysi,lafontaine and more important of Minister Schäuble at a banker conference 2011 on youtube confirming that germany is not independent(you can also buy the book from German General Major G. Komossa(die deutsche karte)where he is delivering proof before you fall asleep again.

Yeah I know. It's all part of a worldwide conspiracy including politicians, evil jews, aliens and 9/11 being an inside job among other things.

If by "guys like me" you mean people who study political science - sure. It's always great to meet people who know so much more about the subject I study dozens of hours a week than me. You wouldn't believe how often friendly people in restaurants want to teach us politics when we talk about it in public. But wait, I'm all part of the conspiracy myself!

Mnementh said:
okr said:

Please don't attack others because of their political view. I want this thread as discussion about the election. it's probably inevitable, that it brings up different political views. To give the thread a bit less conservatism:

I cannot get how people still electing CDU/CSU. I think most attributepersonal wealth with their politics and personal freedom isn't that important for them. Because in my opinion currently the CDU is the biggest threat to personal freedom in germany: surveillance, "security is more important than freedom" opinions, restriction of internet (and gaming, games are called "Killer-Spiele" mostly from conservatives), reduction of influence of the people over political decision, "Hinterzimmer-Deals", big companies get in dubious ways money for big governmental projects and so on...

Funny also, that all valid criticism on the US is always calles "anti-americanism". We currently know the US and the Britains together spied on the world in a way, that makes look Stasi like kindergarden, but if we start to criticize it, we are in the same moment called "anti-american". Well yeah, we aren't allowed to criticize shit, at least if it comes from our big brother.

Anti-americanism is established in Germany since a long time, long before the NSA-bomb. Please differentiate and see that there is also invalid criticism against USA.

And really, do you remember Otto Schily and Joschka Fischer when they were minister? They were even worse than the ones before and wre not from CDU/CSU. Don't get me started what they did before their political career! I think it's amazing how people don't see failures of the party they vote for and only concentrate on the failures of others.