By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Elections in germany

IsawYoshi said:
walsufnir said:
I alwas think of

when I see

I hope Grüne stay under 10%!

Lol. I don't know too much about politics in Germany, but I suppose Grüne is some sort of Enviromental party? We have one of those in Norway, and I think it is the closest thing we have to communism in Norway XD. Not a fan.

We just had elections here in Norway, and a lot of the media says our new prime minister (Erna Solberg) is pretty similar to Angela Merkel.

Yes, environmental party with a lot of silly characters involved. Some supported pedophilia back in the 80's, some want more migrants because they want to get rid off Germans in some way, others are just complaining about everything, they have silly ideas like the "veggie day" and Ströbele feared a second WW2 in 2006 because people were proud of Germany and our team and celebrated on streets with Germany-flags. I don't get how anyone can vote for such people and ideas.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
ArnoldRimmer said:
A question to the other germans in this thread, out of curiosity:

Did you use the "Wahl-O-Mat" to compare your own political attitudes with those of the various parties? If so, did the results turn out just as you had expected? Were there any results that kind of surprised you, for you would have expected the particular party to have either more or less in common with your own attitudes? Did the Wahl-o-mat results have an effect on who you voted for?

I used the wahl-o-mat and it was basically what I expected. Especially CDU was very low, as expected.

I don't think it influenced me much this time. Also not much surprises. but in the past I looked up interesting parties that turned out somewhat high and I didn't knew. So I know some of the smaller parties now.

I had NPD on top, followed by AfD. Took number 2 ;)

For everyone who can read german and has some time: http://www.wahlrecht.de/bundestag/
That is an explanation, who the votes will be calculated into seats in the parliament. That explanation creates me headaches, I think we have one of the most complicated system for elections in the world. But well, we germans do nearly everything as complicated as possible I think.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

walsufnir said:
Mnementh said:
ArnoldRimmer said:

Did you use the "Wahl-O-Mat" to compare your own political attitudes with those of the various parties? If so, did the results turn out just as you had expected? Were there any results that kind of surprised you, for you would have expected the particular party to have either more or less in common with your own attitudes? Did the Wahl-o-mat results have an effect on who you voted for?

I used the wahl-o-mat and it was basically what I expected. Especially CDU was very low, as expected.

I don't think it influenced me much this time. Also not much surprises. but in the past I looked up interesting parties that turned out somewhat high and I didn't knew. So I know some of the smaller parties now.

Ouch, how could the NPD get to the top? Thanks for choosing #2, I think germany have given the Nazis enough chance to rule.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Mnementh said:

CDU was very low for me as well. I kind of expected them to be rather low, but I was still surprised just how low:

As far as I remember, their score was actually the worst of all 28 parties. I found that quite funny, considering that there are a few very bizarre parties among those 28.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
IsawYoshi said:

Lol. I don't know too much about politics in Germany, but I suppose Grüne is some sort of Enviromental party? We have one of those in Norway, and I think it is the closest thing we have to communism in Norway XD. Not a fan.

We just had elections here in Norway, and a lot of the media says our new prime minister (Erna Solberg) is pretty similar to Angela Merkel.

Yes, environmental party with a lot of silly characters involved. Some supported pedophilia back in the 80's, some want more migrants because they want to get rid off Germans in some way, others are just complaining about everything, they have silly ideas like the "veggie day" and Ströbele feared a second WW2 in 2006 because people were proud of Germany and our team and celebrated on streets with Germany-flags. I don't get how anyone can vote for such people and ideas.

Yeah, I don't think they top Norways green party. Their goals was to make cars that run on fossile fuel illegal within 2015, and within 2020 they had a goal that Norway would stop producing oil, and start with clean power plants and such. And when people asked them how they could possibly think the Norwegian economy would be able exist at all without oil, they replied: "In germany the goverment have taken down plenty of Nuclear Plants in favor of cleaner plants. If they can do it, then we can." 

Brilliant.

Mnementh said:
walsufnir said:
Mnementh said:
ArnoldRimmer said:

Ouch, how could the NPD get to the top? Thanks for choosing #2, I think germany have given the Nazis enough chance to rule.

I think the questions and the answer-options are not good but it's the system itself that is broken. I am a very conservative person and so I answered the questions. And of course I didn't vote for NPD, they are a bunch of idiots. What I don't like is that in some topics you share the same thoughts everyone thinks you would vote for NPD. Good ideas from NPD are automatically bad ideas in Germany, this is ridiculous for a democracy.

ArnoldRimmer said:
Mnementh said:

CDU was very low for me as well. I kind of expected them to be rather low, but I was still surprised just how low:

As far as I remember, their score was actually the worst of all 28 parties. I found that quite funny, considering that there are a few very bizarre parties among those 28.

Well, I think it was also lowest for me, even lower than NPD. But I'm not surprised, in nearly every thematic complex they have an opinion different to mine. For instance they want more surveillance while I want less. They want to restrict the internet, while I want freedom. And so on.

walsufnir said:

Out of curiosity, did you compare your answers to all 28 parties?

That's something I really hate about Wahl-o-mat: Why are they artificially limiting how many parties you can compare your answers to, to as little as 8? Why does one have to select which parties you want to even see results for? How many people will actually repeat the test four times, just to get results for all parties? It's a completely artificial decision that hinders people getting aware of lesser known parties that might much better represent their own opinions.

walsufnir said:

I think the questions and the answer-options are not good but it's the system itself that is broken. I am a very conservative person and so I answered the questions. And of course I didn't vote for NPD, they are a bunch of idiots. What I don't like is that in some topics you share the same thoughts everyone thinks you would vote for NPD. Good ideas from NPD are automatically bad ideas in Germany, this is ridiculous for a democracy.

Yeah, it's right. I think wahl-o-mat works bad for extremists like the NPD. It's not like they have a question like: Do you want to build concentration camps. And even if they would have such a question, I doubt the extremists would answer thruthfully.

Anyways, although I'm not conservative, I hope for the AfD to get over 5%. I think germany REALLY needs more political diversity. Also AfD supports referendums.