By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the Wii U really in trouble?

Tagged games:

SonOfLiberty said:
bananaking21 said:
SonOfLiberty said:
bananaking21 said:
Anfebious said:
bananaking21 said:
i dont know how you could live without rockstar games

I think their games are kind of overrated. Sure I enjoyed Vice City in the past but GTA 4 was horrible. Also GTA 5 is coming to PS3, that will be all the Rockstar dose I need for the next years.

red dead redemption man.... red dead redemption...

Only R* game worth playing. But if you don't wanna PS4 then you won't miss much

Max payne 3 says hello

Can't say. I never played the Max Payne games so I'll take your word for it

MP3 was the first max payne game i played. great game, i would highly recommend it if you like that type of game

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
bananaking21 said:

Max payne 3 says hello

Good game, but it should not have been called Max Payne 3. Felt like a completely different series. 

i havent played Max payne 1 or 2 before so i cant really comment on your post. however even if it is different from the older games it doesnt make MP3 any less of a great game. it and FarCry 3 battle it out for my 2012 Game Of The Year 

If you only care about Nintendo games what should it matter? Next gen is going to blow what Nintendo does away in scale, graphics and technique, but maybe not style and variation. Nintendo will definitely be left behind, but if you are a Nintendo fan you get to enjoy Nintendos next offerings.

Anfebious said:
SonOfLiberty said:
Biggest problem with the U was the gaming drought. PS360 were getting games left and right and the U just got Pikmin and 101. Don't worry tho, when the games come this will be a great buy.

That's what I thought and that is why I am buying one! The legend of Zelda the Wind Waker HD is coming soon and Zelda is my favourite series. Also I never played the original.

I'm in a tough spot too. I'm not sure if I should just buy the WW bundle and wait till MGSV comes out to buy a ps4 or buy a PS4 and wait for smash Bros. Like you, I never played the original. I never even played Zelda before

Sales are quite slow and there was software drought but it is mostly fixed now. Most of the negative noise is made by people who are never going to buy this console no matter what. 

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
If you only care about Nintendo games what should it matter? Next gen is going to blow what Nintendo does away in scale, graphics and technique, but maybe not style and variation. Nintendo will definitely be left behind, but if you are a Nintendo fan you get to enjoy Nintendos next offerings.

lol at this post

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I love Nintendo games but also third party games.

But it seems more convenient to wait to get the PS4 unitl the very end of the generation. That way the PS4 is already going to have a price cut and I can select the third party games at a cheaper price. This gen I bought a lot of third party games that in the end where no worth the high price of 60 dollars. I could just wait till the end, get the PS4 and get the third party games I want cheaper .

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I love Nintendo games but also third party games.

But it seems more convenient to wait to get the PS4 unitl the very end of the generation. That way the PS4 is already going to have a price cut and I can select the third party games at a cheaper price. This gen I bought a lot of third party games that in the end where no worth the high price of 60 dollars. I could just wait till the end, get the PS4 and get the third party games I want cheaper .

That's been my experience. Sony's best games come towards the end of the gen. Cheaper console + more/better games = winning. PC and Nintendo get me through till then.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

You forgot craftmanship. Is next-gen going to blow Nintendo away in the games craftmasnship department? No. As long as there are people craving quality games, Nintendo will stay relevant one way or another. 

As for the topic? Is WiiU in trouble? In terms of sales? Absolutely. If their flagship titles fail to move consoles this fall, it really will mean the WiiU ends up as a niche consoles for Nintendo fans only. I'd say this fall is do or die as far as WiiU is concerned. 

I think it's an awesome console that will hit its stride in 2014. I could be wrong but i think it's doing okay. Just not as good as consoles like Wii, PS2, or 360 in their first year.