By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the Wii U really in trouble?

Tagged games:

SonOfLiberty said:
Anfebious said:
SonOfLiberty said:
Biggest problem with the U was the gaming drought. PS360 were getting games left and right and the U just got Pikmin and 101. Don't worry tho, when the games come this will be a great buy.

That's what I thought and that is why I am buying one! The legend of Zelda the Wind Waker HD is coming soon and Zelda is my favourite series. Also I never played the original.

I'm in a tough spot too. I'm not sure if I should just buy the WW bundle and wait till MGSV comes out to buy a ps4 or buy a PS4 and wait for smash Bros. Like you, I never played the original. I never even played Zelda before

You should try the series. Personally I think it is the best series in gaming historiy!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Locknuts said:
Anfebious said:

I love Nintendo games but also third party games.

But it seems more convenient to wait to get the PS4 unitl the very end of the generation. That way the PS4 is already going to have a price cut and I can select the third party games at a cheaper price. This gen I bought a lot of third party games that in the end where no worth the high price of 60 dollars. I could just wait till the end, get the PS4 and get the third party games I want cheaper .

That's been my experience. Sony's best games come towards the end of the gen. Cheaper console + more/better games = winning. PC and Nintendo get me through till then.

In my case I wouldn't use my PC as it sucks but yeah it is the best combo! Also Nintendo games tend to have a lot of replay value.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
Locknuts said:
Anfebious said:

I love Nintendo games but also third party games.

But it seems more convenient to wait to get the PS4 unitl the very end of the generation. That way the PS4 is already going to have a price cut and I can select the third party games at a cheaper price. This gen I bought a lot of third party games that in the end where no worth the high price of 60 dollars. I could just wait till the end, get the PS4 and get the third party games I want cheaper .

That's been my experience. Sony's best games come towards the end of the gen. Cheaper console + more/better games = winning. PC and Nintendo get me through till then.

In my case I wouldn't use my PC as it sucks but yeah it is the best combo! Also Nintendo games tend to have a lot of replay value.

yeah i have a Nintendo+PC combo for now, my PC is getting outdated quickly but it can still run the recent games so it'll do for now :P

MohammadBadir said:
Anfebious said:

yeah i have a Nintendo+PC combo for now, my PC is getting outdated quickly but it can still run the recent games so it'll do for now :P

My PC is far too bad man... Not even Team Fortress 2 works properly.

It may be in trouble, but it doesn't affect me. 3rd party support I get on my PC, consoles are for exclusives-only, so the lack/abundance of 3rd party games on consoles change nothing in my case. After the release of the heavy hitters like Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong, I'm quite sure sales will pick up, so I'm not worried sales-wise.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Fusioncode said:
bananaking21 said:

Max payne 3 says hello

Good game, but it should not have been called Max Payne 3. Felt like a completely different series. 

i havent played Max payne 1 or 2 before so i cant really comment on your post. however even if it is different from the older games it doesnt make MP3 any less of a great game. it and FarCry 3 battle it out for my 2012 Game Of The Year 

Oh it was a great game for sure, but it never quite matched the tone of the first two games. May seem like a small complaint but it ultimately felt like a different series. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

MohammadBadir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
If you only care about Nintendo games what should it matter? Next gen is going to blow what Nintendo does away in scale, graphics and technique, but maybe not style and variation. Nintendo will definitely be left behind, but if you are a Nintendo fan you get to enjoy Nintendos next offerings.

lol at this post

?

Yeah, the Wii U is going to be seen as a failure because: A) it followed the Wii, and B) Nintendo told people that they were going to make it appealing to the core gamers who had strayed. The first part is unfortunate because they were never going to come close to the Wii's numbers but the second part is their responsibility. As it stands, the Wii U is going to steal almost no customers away from Sony or Microsoft while losing a good chunk of its Wii base.

It wasn't long ago that I said the Wii U would be fine but I'm not so sure anymore. I'm not seeing any excitement about Mario except for the people you would expect. The last Zelda didn't do the series any favors and I'm wondering if with Mario Kart 8 people are going to be like, "you know, I already have MK7." Unless you're a die-hard Nintendo fan, the best games are going to be elsewhere.

Inexplicably, it has nothing major lined up for the holidays against two consoles that are killing it in pre-orders. It's not going to be pretty.

pokoko said:

It wasn't long ago that I said the Wii U would be fine but I'm not so sure anymore. I'm not seeing any excitement about Mario except for the people you would expect. The last Zelda didn't do the series any favors and I'm wondering if with Mario Kart 8 people are going to be like, "you know, I already have MK7." Unless you're a die-hard Nintendo fan, the best games are going to be elsewhere.

And by seeing you mean internet forums right?

Nintendo and PC gamer

I don't think WiiU is in trouble. We have one and really enjoy everything about it. The tablet controller is great and often gets used when the 65 inch television is being appropriated for something else. Also people think that all the casuals have been bled away by tablets and smartphones but then fail to think about how all the graphic whores have been bled away by cheap PC's or even moderately priced PC's that play everything, have no DRM concerns and they kick the hell out of the next gen consoles.

Console gaming used to be about you and a few friends in the living/family room. Call of Duty and other similar guys have turned it into a bunch of people all alone their living room screaming at each other through headsets. However people can just as easily do that on a PC and better still, many of the mods and additional maps can be downloaded and used without calling them DLC with additional charges.

There is one console still best geared for having four or five people having fun in the living/family room and that is Nintendo WiiU. I think the whole next gen is going to be much smaller. There is so much prior product and history to compete against, often at ridiculously low prices, that it causes inertia against the new stuff as well.