By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killer Instinct is 720p, focusing on maintaining 60 FPS

But what about dem INFINITE POWAHAR of TEH CLOUD?!

Sorry, I just couldn't possibly resist. Seriously. :P
Personally, I'm fine with 720p. I don't really see the difference between 720p and 1080p but maybe somebody else does, I don't know. It's not in any way a deal breaker for me. If the game is any good, I would also play it at 720p with just 30 fps.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

what !? are they freaking serious? well thats just pathetic :/

you can't see the difference between 720p and 1080p ? oh dear.

n3xus said:

Depends on a few variables. TV size, sitting distance, AA quality etc. Even when it's all said and done, many people won't be able to tell the difference. That has me a little worried about next gen. Going from 480p to 720p was as obvious as a kick in the teeth, but 720p to 1080p? That will depend on the person and those other variables.

Nem said:
walsufnir said:
Nem said:
So the limitations of the Xbox1 are already showing? Thats not a good sign.

So is PS4 already showing. How many games on PS4 are 1080p60? That's not a good sign...

This whole next gen seems to be gearing up to be a joke. But i dont see such frailties on the PS4 yet. And people bitched the Wii U was current gen. This is not new gen, its current gen pumped.

Seriously, if you want higher polygon models *and* better lighting *and* better AI *and* better AA *and* more open worlds *and* 1080p60 you had the wrong expectations from the start. Especially for launch games.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Nem said:
walsufnir said:
Nem said:
So the limitations of the Xbox1 are already showing? Thats not a good sign.

So is PS4 already showing. How many games on PS4 are 1080p60? That's not a good sign...

This whole next gen seems to be gearing up to be a joke. But i dont see such frailties on the PS4 yet. And people bitched the Wii U was current gen. This is not new gen, its current gen pumped.

Seriously, if you want higher polygon models *and* better lighting *and* better AI *and* better AA *and* more open worlds *and* 1080p60 you had the wrong expectations from the start. Especially for launch games.

but.. but.. people expected this with wiiU games and lol some already think its maxed out.. therefore this is to be expected with the ps4one

I expected a bit more seeing as its for next gen but when it comes to fighting games all I really care about is how balanced the game will be.

n3xus said:

Actually, I have trouble seeing the difference because I'm nearsighted. Which might be one of the reasons I like playing handheld and PC games anyway (higher pixel density compared to distance to screen and such).

Love and tolerate.