By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killer Instinct is 720p, focusing on maintaining 60 FPS

selnor1983 said:
Media have great things to say.

and ign pointed out at e3, games on and pax the lines to play killer instinct were some of the highest. Cant be a bad game if everyone wants to play it.

game looks smooth, faithful, and has great visuals and art. Some of the best particle effects ive ever seen. Cant wait for this game. Haven't been hyped for a fighter since soul calibur 2. Now i am. Glad 60fps is important.

60 fps>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> resolution.

As Apple would put it, your doing it wrong.  You talk about things that actually matter like the game being fun instead of touting the fanboy lines of resolution, pixel count, SSO, Dynamic lighting and all the buzz words slung around in forums.  As plenty of people know, a launch game usually do show what a piece of hardware can do expecially when near to final hardware for all players start to come out just before the release.

Around the Network

It doesn't actually bother me. It's not like I notice a huge difference between 1080p and 720p when playing on a TV screen, we're not talking about monitors here(since in monitors, resolutions do make a big difference since we get so close to them). 60 FPS > 1080p, IMO.

so next gen is not as powerful as some thought it would be

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:

PS4 games are upping the target

LOOOL

nothing in this game looks special for them to have to compromise 1080p.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Roma said:

Why would one game, in the beginning of a gen, determine that? That's like saying the 7th gen jump wasn't very big from the 6th because Condemned: Criminal Origins barely looked better than God of War II. 

haha I know I was just playing ignorent ;)

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

ethomaz said:
Roma said:

PS4 games are upping the target

killzone and driveclub are 30fps

ZaneWane said:

killzone and driveclub are 30fps

SP is 30fps for Killzone... MP is 60fps right now... Killzone SP just won't go to 60fps due time (the SP is already done).

DriveClub is targeting 60fps too.

Smash 1080p 60fps

Wii U more powerful confirmed!!!!1111!!!!

Click HERE and be happy 

I wonder what the problem is, a new post on neogaf is suggesting that Dead Rising is looking ropey as well. I hope this isn't true.. as if this is all bullshots/lies its going to cause one hell of a stink :(

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!