By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killer Instinct is 720p, focusing on maintaining 60 FPS

AZWification said:

The best part is that DigitalFloundry said some months ago that KI for the Xbox One will be 1080p. They got exposed.  At least they admitted  that Wii U has the defenitive version of Rayman Legends.

Two possibilities here...

1) DigitalFoundry looked to the game and believed in MS saying it was running in 1080p (no tools used to count the pixels, etc)
2) The game was running in 1080p in a target PC at E3 (it was running in a PC to simulate the Xbone power but it was too powerful).

There are others options but I think too compirance theories like DF biased or paid by MS

Around the Network
VGhippy said:
You can't expect 1080 resolution with that many characters on screen.

+ 1000

Every single person who has played this game has said it looks amazing and plays amazing as well. But go ahead and keep trolling PS4 fans. It's what you do best.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Their priorities are right, but the competence is just not there.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

ethomaz said:
AZWification said:

The best part is that DigitalFloundry said some months ago that KI for the Xbox One will be 1080p. They got exposed.  At least they admitted  that Wii U has the defenitive version of Rayman Legends.

Two possibilities here...

1) DigitalFoundry looked to the game and believed in MS saying it was running in 1080p (no tools used to count the pixels, etc)
2) The game was running in 1080p in a target PC at E3 (it was running in a PC to simulate the Xbone power but it was too powerful).

There are others options but I think too compirance theories like DF biased or paid by MS

Well, DigitalFoundry belongs to Eurogamer and they are known for doing some shady things.....

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
lt_dan_27 said:
CGI-Quality said:

I agree with both you guys. On one hand, 60fps is a standard for me now (nanything below feels choppy, and in some cases, unplayable). However, 1080p is definitely crisper, particularly any screen 32" and up.

I'm just a little surprised they couldn't achieve both, considering this machine's specs, but since it's a launch title, completing it is far more important.

No, they could have done both. Forza can do that, and I am guessing that a racing game has a lot more physics invlolved making it hard to run. So it's a little pathetic that they can'y achieve this, Shows how good of a studio Double helix is. 

I really don't think it is on the quality of the developer here, although I realize they don't have the best record, but everyone has to start somewhere. I still say it has much more to do with meeting deadlines (imagine the pressure you'd be under trying to launch a highly anticipated, years long awaited title, at the beginning of the gen, as an exclusive).

In regards to Forza, you'd be surprised how much less goes into a racing game than a fighting game (much more collision/hit detetction, in a fighting game, for example). Both are pretty physics-heavy, as well.

Well, if these guys crack under pressure, and then air on the side of laziness, maybe they shouldn't develope games. 

After the 29th they can talk about the real version of the game. The secret DGPU will have this game at 1080p/60fps without breaking a sweat.

Overall, I wish devs would focus on 1080p. I have a 1080p TV and I want it filled. Games look terrible stretched out at 720p on a 52in screen, and it gets even worse on a 110in projector.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
After the 29th they can talk about the real version of the game. The secret DGPU will have this game at 1080p/60fps without breaking a sweat.

Overall, I wish devs would focus on 1080p. I have a 1080p TV and I want it filled. Games look terrible stretched out at 720p on a 52in screen, and it gets even worse on a 110in projector.

It is too secret that even a first-party developer can't use it yet

Media have great things to say.

and ign pointed out at e3, games on and pax the lines to play killer instinct were some of the highest. Cant be a bad game if everyone wants to play it.

game looks smooth, faithful, and has great visuals and art. Some of the best particle effects ive ever seen. Cant wait for this game. Haven't been hyped for a fighter since soul calibur 2. Now i am. Glad 60fps is important.

60 fps>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> resolution.

KBG29 said:

Sarcasm? Or do you realy believe that?