By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killer Instinct is 720p, focusing on maintaining 60 FPS

Found it on neogaf. Double helix doesnt have a good good track record. This game might not get a decent reception. Is it so hard to get a decent a graphics? Or production budjet is very low?

Link: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=667573

Link: http://gamingbolt.com/killer-instinct-dev-anything-that-hinders-60-fps-is-removed-or-optimized-praises-xbox-one-cloud

Around the Network

60 fps > resolution

Thankfully developers seem to be understanding that this gen.

As a fighting fan, I keep forgetting that this game even exists.

Still it looks decent from what I've seen.

And 60 FPS for a fighting game is important to me.

You would have thought a fighting game should be able to achieve both? It's not like it looks that complex (though I've only seen a few videos).

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

You can't expect 1080 resolution with that many characters on screen.

Around the Network

Funny because Xbox fans seemed to have assumed 1080p 60fps. There are a lot of things that go into visuals and processing other than resolution and framerate. Even I know that and I know next to nothing about processing power.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

VGhippy said:
You can't expect 1080 resolution with that many characters on screen.

True, but going from 2 to 1 character on screen might have made it difficult to balance the game ;)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Smash Bros is in freaking 1080p.

Madword said:

True, but going from 2 to 1 character on screen might have made it difficult to balance the game ;)

That's a fair point, though I wonder if the game would be more enjoyable with one character on screen@120fps? :P

wow,is this for real? it's a 2d fighting/side-scrolling game.. this has got to be a joke