By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killer Instinct is 720p, focusing on maintaining 60 FPS

Just to point something... I'm joking over the KI on Xbox One but the really looks good... not a graphical powerhouse but the game seems good.

And for a fighting game I prefer 60fps over 1080p because the timing to make the combos... now a action game I prefer 1080p over 60fps.

The best case is always have 1080p@60fps but I know most games won't reach that before 2-3 years... multiplats will looks really bad in the first years.

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
daredevil.shark said:

Found it on neogaf. Double helix doesnt have a good good track record. This game might not get a decent reception. Is it so hard to get a decent a graphics? Or production budjet is very low?

Sorry to burst your bubble Op, but if it wasn't for some of the blokes working on Killer Instinct, I would never have gotten one of the best games of all time, Sacrifice. - A PC exclusive. :)

So, I still have faith they can pull it off, I'm not to worried about graphics and such on a console however, I have my PC for that.

Can't see from metacritic anything of Double helix's envolvement with this game you mentioned but yeah it was launched in 2000 now I'm not saying that it's a bad game in the slightest but if you need to go back 13/14 years for the last time they made something not in the red then you can't really expect a 90%er in KI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAY3Dai7jNM

I don't think those graphics would score so well today :D even if you did manage to run it at 1080p

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ethomaz said:
AZWification said:

The best part is that DigitalFloundry said some months ago that KI for the Xbox One will be 1080p. They got exposed.  At least they admitted  that Wii U has the defenitive version of Rayman Legends.

Two possibilities here...

1) DigitalFoundry looked to the game and believed in MS saying it was running in 1080p (no tools used to count the pixels, etc)
2) The game was running in 1080p in a target PC at E3 (it was running in a PC to simulate the Xbone power but it was too powerful).

There are others options but I think too compirance theories like DF biased or paid by MS

I don't think Killer Instinct was running on PC's at E3.

I got this on GAF, surprised you didn't see it considering you get all your info from there.

By the way, didn't DF say it was "almost certainly pushing 1080p 60fps"? I don't remember them ever factually stating 1080p but I could be wrong.

But hey some of you keep up the trolling, even though Drive Club is not 60fps, Killzone SP is not 60fps, Knack is not 60fps.

J_Allard said:

I don't think Killer Instinct was running on PC's at E3.

I got this on GAF, surprised you didn't see it considering you get all your info from there.

By the way, didn't DF say it was "almost certainly pushing 1080p 60fps"? I don't remember them ever factually stating 1080p but I could be wrong.

But hey some of you keep up the trolling, even though Drive Club is not 60fps, Killzone SP is not 60fps, Knack is not 60fps.

I didn't get everything on GAF And that didn't mean that what is running is Xbone hardware.

Killzone is 60fps.... DriveClub is targeting... this gen willl be EPIC.

ganoncrotch said:

Can't see from metacritic anything of Double helix's envolvement with this game you mentioned but yeah it was launched in 2000 now I'm not saying that it's a bad game in the slightest but if you need to go back 13/14 years for the last time they made something not in the red then you can't really expect a 90%er in KI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAY3Dai7jNM

I don't think those graphics would score so well today :D even if you did manage to run it at 1080p

I never said Double Helix as in the company was physically involved, that would have been impossible anyway.

However Double Helix was a merger between Foundation 9, The Collective and Shiny Entertainment, with Shiny Entertainment as the makers of Sacrifice and Earthworm Jim, both highly regarded games.

However, Double Helix cops allot of flack because they have only thus far made TV/Movie tie-in games, which every gamer knows automatically will always be crap. :P

I'm not saying the game is the second coming of Jesus or trash, just that Double Helix actually has Talent that may pull it off, plus add on the fact they have been getting input from RARE too, of course the sensible thing to do is play it or wait on reviews. :)
It certainly would be a make it or break it moment in the minds of many gamers that's for sure.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

I didn't get everything on GAF And that didn't mean that what is running is Xbone hardware.

Killzone MP is 60fps, SP is 30fps.... DriveClub is targeting lulz... this gen willl be EPIC.

Idk what you are trying to say in the first sentence, and I went ahead and fixed the second sentence for you. Hope those helped.

I understand not being 1080p and 60fps is only a big deal if the game is Xbone exclusive though.

J_Allard said:

Idk what you are trying to say in the first sentence, and I went ahead and fixed the second sentence for you. Hope those helped.

I understand not being 1080p and 60fps is only a big deal if the game is Xbone exclusive though.

It is just a big deal when a company announces a 1080p@60fps game and at the end it is only 720p@60fps.

I'm fine with 720p@60fps like I said before.

MohammadBadir said:
Smash Bros is in freaking 1080p.

That's what I was thinking lol.

Either way, it looks great visually so it's really not a big deal.

ethomaz said:

J_Allard said:

It is just a big deal when a company announces a 1080p@60fps game and at the end it is only 720p@60fps.

I'm fine with 720p@60fps like I said before.

When did MS officially say the game was 1080p? Just curious because I don't remember.

And I doubt you'll mind when it's confirmed Evolution was just leading us on talking about "targeting 60fps" when the game doesn't look that great at 30.

CGI-Quality said:
Nem said:
So the limitations of the Xbox1 are already showing? Thats not a good sign.

Unless my sarcasm meter needs fine tuning, you don't truly believe this, do you?

This.