By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why not make X into a big Nintendo franchise?

Tagged games:

Nintendo COULD make this one big. I also don't get "There's no RPG market" considering Nintendo's own Pokemon, one of the biggest franchises in all of gaming, is an RPG.

The biggest issue Nintendo has is if they publicly trash Final Fantasy using project X as the weapon, then they hurt relations with Square Enix and potentially lose valuable Dragon Quest support... Well, support that COULD be valuable if Enix stops their MMO stupidity with the franchise.

Personally, I hope Nintendo acquires the rights of the Xenogears franchise from Square.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Who's to say they won't make this a big name in their Nintendo ethos? I've been clamoring for information, hell anything, about X and not so much as a peep has come out with new information.

So until we know what Nintendo will do with this franchise how can we start asking questions to their intent and actions?

Very true cube. We don't know anything so how can we judge? Honestly I think this will be a series if it sells but we have no idea the potential for advancement. I mean Monolith did Xenoblade Chronicles and now this, so who knows what might be next from them.

We need more info, and we need it now!

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

Nintendo doesn't seem to have any interest in promoting this game.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Jumpin said:

Nintendo COULD make this one big. I also don't get "There's no RPG market" considering Nintendo's own Pokemon, one of the biggest franchises in all of gaming, is an RPG.

The biggest issue Nintendo has is if they publicly trash Final Fantasy using project X as the weapon, then they hurt relations with Square Enix and potentially lose valuable Dragon Quest support... Well, support that COULD be valuable if Enix stops their MMO stupidity with the franchise.

Personally, I hope Nintendo acquires the rights of the Xenogears franchise from Square.

I tend to see Pokemon as a exception and feel it is an institution like mario  and zelda  ,something that many people have grown up with.  the point about trashing FF is not thought out to well , for that to happen the game would some how have to be dirctly marketed as the FF killer and at the same time do  huge numbers.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

FusionCode: I don't think that's it, I think it's that they want to make sure they have a good selection of stuff to show before broadcasting it to the world. Everyone is interested in this, and Nintendo showed it during their direct so they have interest. I think once Monolith says "We're ready" Nintendo will send info to every major website their is to help promote this game.

If we hear nothing in the next few months though I'll probably believe you.

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

Because Nintendo has proven time and time again that they just don't like money very much. Come on, think about it.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

Fusioncode said:

...he asserted, based on _______.

noname2200 said:
Fusioncode said:

...he asserted, based on _______.

Gaming websites are completely ignoring it, and it was barely shown during Nintendo's E3 Direct presentation. We've barely gotten any info about the game since it was revealed months ago. It just feels like Nintendo's been ignoring it. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I'm a bit late to factor in my opinion seeing as everyone has already given theirs, but I believe at the most if Nintendo tried this would only get as big as Metroid, I don't think it will be able to sell 4 million.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"